advertisement

Tory MP assaults protester

Some people on this thread have got themselves out of all proportion.

It's like some sort of road rage incident.

Helen Barker is the enduring hero for me. The reacting Tory has lost his job.

If that's justice.

It is done.

The law is quite simple, quite specific and all groups a who hold meetings or functions which could attract protests are reminded of it by the police in a written letter. Unless directly personally threatened, the "manhandling" or otherwise of protestors is a criminal offense.

One thing I would add about the sentence of the "milkshake" person. A friend of mine was hit by a person who dangerously driving their car. My friend spent years in various physical therapy in order to simply walk again. The cost of their years of treatment is estimated at over 1 million quid, the person driving the car was fined 350 quid and no community service.

When these toxic times are over (Trump, Brexit the rise of the popularist right) we will look back on it as the panicking death throes of the entitled angry white man. Literally toxic masculinity poisoning the well.

I’m a bit late reading this thread, but you have absolutely nailed it here. This is the root cause of many of our ills and in a decade or so, it will be over (that generation will mostly be dead).

What terrible damage this entitled generation has inflicted upon us.

SyXX7tB.png

Tory MP Mark Field lives off-grid in Wales with 31 rabbits? And how, exactly, are the rabbits taking down the government one Tory at a time? And why was Janet Baker wearing a mask?

It's possible I misread the idiotic Mail article.

Joe
It’s very DM. Full distraction from her attacker. They’ll send one of their attack dogs down to interview her on the doorstep, possibly Jan Moir to soften her up then Lady McGove for the full hatchet job, while others fan out locally buying any gossip they can generate. The piece will revolve around unpleasant odours and unshaven legs until more substantial material can be produced.

Meanwhile, there’s a tape of Boris with current mistress causing alarm to the neighbours. It’s got to worth a public airing and an ASBO.

Some people on this thread have got themselves out of all proportion.

It's like some sort of road rage incident.

Helen Barker is the enduring hero for me. The reacting Tory has lost his job.

If that's justice.

It is done.

You have obviously never experienced road rage ...

I just watched the extended footage on Twitter and any suggestion he panicked in response to a sudden and potentially scary situation is simply untenable - he wanted a piece of the action, plain and simple.

The Tory Party and if there is a party of the Establishment it’s the Tory Party, has had to sit back for too long putting on the face of civility. They’ve seen how Trump has worked it and they like it. Murdoch and Dacre are now going full Fox News because the Party has its back to the wall. It’s going to get very dirty- right down to physically attacking women and justifying it.

It’s very DM. Full distraction from her attacker. They’ll send one of their attack dogs down to interview her on the doorstep, possibly Jan Moir to soften her up then Lady McGove for the full hatchet job, while others fan out locally buying any gossip they can generate. The piece will revolve around unpleasant odours and unshaven legs until more substantial material can be produced.

Meanwhile, there’s a tape of Boris with current mistress causing alarm to the neighbours. It’s got to worth a public airing and an ASBO.

The Daily Mail is the lowest of a very low bunch of rags that seek to do nothing more than perpetuate racism, sexism, misogyny and bigotry laughingly dressing it up as news in order to sell their rags to the low IQ end of the public that fall for their crap, it's how they enabled Brexit for instance. The irony is they serve to protect the elite and aid them in the continued suppression of the very people they sell this crap to. One day when karma does its thing the so called journalists that work for these sad excuses for newspapers will get some very nasty repercussions..... they deserve nothing more!

One thing I would add about the sentence of the "milkshake" person. A friend of mine was hit by a person who dangerously driving their car. My friend spent years in various physical therapy in order to simply walk again. The cost of their years of treatment is estimated at over 1 million quid, the person driving the car was fined 350 quid and no community service.

While it's truly awful for your friend I assume the driver didn't intend to injure your friend even though adjudged to have driven dangerously. That I think is the difference, one is a consequential action, the other an intended assault. That said the sentences for motoring offences of this ilk are all over the place and rarely proportional to the consequences of the driver's actions. I remember all the fuss last year about Charlie Alliston (the cyclist who killed a pedestrian), what amazed me was the defence from many was that car drivers wouldn't have got the same sentence... the issue there is with the sentencing of others, not of Alliston who got what he deserved. Anyway I hope your friend has made some sort of recovery.

I’m a bit late reading this thread, but you have absolutely nailed it here. This is the root cause of many of our ills and in a decade or so, it will be over (that generation will mostly be dead).
Yeah right, I remember, this appalling series of white men was once gloriously interrupted by Maggie Thatcher.

Diversity is the magical word. White males have their place too.

You have obviously never experienced road rage ...
I usually drive defensively, so will back out when people start the silly name calling, as retaliation only leads to escalation.

Storm in a teacup comes to mind.

advertisement

Back