advertisement

Tory MP assaults protester

Field has a current majority of 9,671 (Wiki) so getting that shit out of that seat may take some doing.
I think people are going to come to their senses on this pretty soon, even some of the Real Men Hit Women types on here. Only the real card carrying misogynists will be prepared to admit voting for him. Majority was actually only 3148 in 2017, so you never know. It will certainly be a target seat now.

Police were called to the home of Boris Johnson and his partner, Carrie Symonds, in the early hours of Friday morning after neighbours heard a loud altercation involving screaming, shouting and banging.

The argument could be heard outside the property where the potential future prime minister is living with Symonds, a former Conservative party head of press.

A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ed-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home

“He continued to grip me by the neck and the arm all the way to the door of the building. Then, when we got to the door, he shoved me outside on to the street, and said: ‘This is what happens when people like you disturb our dinner.’”
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ce-activist-mark-field-needs-anger-management

Let's face it, no one believes for a minute that he ever considered her a threat. He's channelling pure toddler/middle-aged man rage, his own and a lot of Tories'. It's thrilling at first to see your own feelings reflected back at you by someone important, but surely there's very few can bear to look at themselves like that in the cold light of day. You'd like to think.

Shocked that folk seem to regard a women maybe getting a small thumb shaped bruise on her neck more comment worthy than a guy looking literally like he's been plucked from a photo of belsen, dying from cancer and has several other illnesses, wheelchair bound and weighed 38kg, being put on benefit sanctions whilst he died!!

https://www.theguardian.com/society...dying-man-stephen-smith-benefits-finds-review
It's all part of the same picture though isn't it. They hate us.

I think people are going to come to their senses on this pretty soon, even some of the Real Men Hit Women types on here. Only the real card carrying misogynists will be prepared to admit voting for him. Majority was actually only 3148 in 2017, so you never know. It will certainly be a target seat now.
Tory MP Johnny Mercer puts his foot right in it,
“Johnny Mercer, the MP for Plymouth, also defended Field, tweeting: “If you think this is ‘serious violence’, you may need to recalibrate your sensitivities. Calm down, move on, and be thankful this wasn’t worse.”

Johnny could do with having a word with Party Comms, for he seems to be saying she got off lightly this time. You see them for what they are in broad daylight now.

“Johnny Mercer, the MP for Plymouth, also defended Field, tweeting: “If you think this is ‘serious violence’, you may need to recalibrate your sensitivities. Calm down, move on, and be thankful this wasn’t worse.”

Johnny could do with having a word with Party Comms, for he seems to be saying she got off lightly this time.

If that wasn't a veiled threat I don't know what is. Johnny Mercenary more like. What a truly disgusting specimen.

I'm not one to be jumping at the chance of Tories having a nice jolly but is there no perspective to be gleened from the pinkies?

The guy was only behaving like a typical bouncer at any nightclub I've ever been to.

And the so called victim was not hurt and has no axe to grind. Other than the Rebellion of Extinction. God bless her.

She seems to have a better judgement of the situation than any of the overhyped media hindsight generated since.

Johnny could do with having a word with Party Comms, for he seems to be saying she got off lightly this time. You see them for what they are in broad daylight now.
I think what Mercer is saying is that what Janet Barker suffered is not as bad as having bits of you blown off by an IED, so it’s ok

He’s been on HIGNFY, so he must be right

I saw the Field eviction part on the TV news, the manner in which he evicted the lady protester was as if she was some beastly vermin caught on his estate grounds and he was directing it to his groundsman to have it shot!

I'd be interested to know quite how Greenpeace managed that operation. Some inside help, surely? There are probably a few countries security services who would like to know as well. And maybe some ex-paramilitary gentlemen who might be coming out of retirement in the autumn.

I'm not sure if I like Greenpeace's tactics. On another day one of them could have been shot by an armed protection officer. And they are almost wanting to incite having to be physically removed. We have a right to protest, but maybe a little more responsibly. Some street protests have endangered lives.

But then I'd be very happy if someone empties a revolver into Boris Johnson, so horses fro courses I guess.

It's all very complicated.

Last edited:
SyXX7tB.png

Tory MP Mark Field lives off-grid in Wales with 31 rabbits? And how, exactly, are the rabbits taking down the government one Tory at a time? And why was Janet Baker wearing a mask?

It's possible I misread the idiotic Mail article.

Joe

@Swamp Thing

Here's the actual story: https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...ting-greenpeace-protester-live-20190621186813

ETA:

@Joe P

The Mail languishes in, and poisons-from, Lewis Carroll's definition of the Humpty Dumpty zone of Just reportage:

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that's all.”

advertisement

Back