advertisement

Tory MP assaults protester

I don't think she was trying to be funny. What is funny is that when someone from a section of society regularly on the receiving end of derogatory comments finally says something in retaliation the status quo get on their case instead of asking what role they may have played in making them say it in the first place. Just a thought.

Very well put. But might I add that what's even funnier, depending on one's funny bone, is that one of the users who up-voted your post called her a *itch and a *unt in a post not terribly long ago.

Very well put. But might I add that what's even funnier, depending on one's funny bone, is that one of the users who up-voted your post called her a *itch and a *unt in a post not terribly long ago.

Give the ‘like’, they must still be here. But presumably the post in question was removed and some very firm words about bans were had?

Give the ‘like’, they must still be here. But presumably the post in question was removed and some very firm words about bans were had?

No talk of bans of which I'm aware. I took exception with the post, compelling the prolific perp to post a flounce thread where he tearfully announced in a cloud of talc that he was leaving the forum because it "wasn't fun anymore." All posted evidence was binned pronto and it was business as usual with Mr Congeniality back to posting in what must have been an angst-filled 3 day jones.

article-2206157-151C9541000005DC-283_634x416.jpg

Nice thread.

So far it's manged to include the topics of racism, homphobia, class war, mysogeny but not Brexit.

Apart from the post that mentions that Brexit has not been mentioned.

As far as I recollect the lady removed was an eco warrior. I haven't heard her ranting on about all the stuff that's created 11 pages of hobbyhorses**t.

to all those defending Mark Field; if that was a teacher acting against a female pupil, who you be defending the teacher?

Something that isn’t talked about much around these parts is the fact that the assembled suited and spangly dress tories actually applauded that Tory thug. So even if ppl are gonna take him out like taking out the trash (as we saw him do in the vids with extreme prejudice) it merely deals with just one small part of the problem, it still leaves a whole room full of ppl who approve of his actions enough that they did nothing to intervene and even clapped with approval when he returned which he will no doubt see as justification for his actions.

Make no mistake, these tories have a deep-rooted hatred of anyone who is not their own. No one stood up to challenge his violence which also shows what kind of moral backbone the gathered tories have.

Sadly nobody thought to ensure there was salmonella in the canapés.

Salmonella in the canapés!? That's a Jo Stalin sort of trick.

Apart from that, though I, think that Janet Barker has done a wonderful job of drawing attention to the Climate Change Emergency.

Although, ironically, a lot of hot air has been generated in the aftermath.

Gotta be done. Can we get back to the Tory leadership contest and Boris' girlfriend row etc.

Just joking. About the last bit.

Something that isn’t talked about much around these parts is the fact that the assembled suited and spangly dress tories actually applauded that Tory thug. So even if ppl are gonna take him out like taking out the trash (as we saw him do in the vids with extreme prejudice) it merely deals with just one small part of the problem, it still leaves a whole room full of ppl who approve of his actions enough that they did nothing to intervene and even clapped with approval when he returned which he will no doubt see as justification for his actions.

Agreed. Much as it irks me to do so it also needs to be pointed out that both Yaxley-Racist and Gammonfuhrer Farage kept their composure after having a milkshake thrown at them by protesters, which technically is assault and could be genuinely terrifying given the extent of acid attacks in That London etc. This Tory thug and his audience of similarly vile people are apparently perfectly happy to see a woman flung into a pillar and assaulted for merely walking in a room. That is really not a good look for the party IMO.

A violent thug assaults a woman who's part of a entirely peaceful protest, by throwing her against a pillar before forcefully marching her out of the room by the neck, while everyone else just sits there and allows it to happen.

Make no mistake, these tories have a deep-rooted hatred of anyone who is not their own. No one stood up to challenge his violence which also shows what kind of moral backbone the gathered tories have.

Sadly nobody thought to ensure there was salmonella in the canapés.
Not quite the applause, but the lack of concern by others present was mentioned way back in the post above. I’m surprised more hasn’t been said about it.

We all know that civiility is a paper thin veneer over base human vulgarity. None of this behavior surprises me in the least. The best we can hope for is for our leaders to at least set a good example, and what a joke that is.

Support her aims but not the methods, in an era where substances can be thrown or worse, intruders should expect to be prevented. I certainly would if I chose this form of protest. Imagine the 'why didn't someone do something' outrage if she had committed some violent act.

I know nothing of this guy, maybe he has form for worse behaviour, maybe he sits at formal dinners just waiting for a female protester - I'm sure there will be more info shortly, as filling copy with outrage is a national sport at the moment.

The security lesson is obvious for any organisation or event.

In the case of Prescott, that guy deserved a dig in the chin just for the haircut. Prezza's ratings went up IIRC. :)

Not read this long thread, but the above pretty much sums it all up for me. Too many people (armchair warriors) nowadays are happy to jump on the bandwagon of should have done this or that. Plainly the security was useless (unless it was an inside job) and that would be the focus for me. They shouldn't have been there and who knows what they could have been carrying. Unfortunately I have seen far too many reports on similar or worse things that have happened, inflated by the press which makes the authorities damned if they do and equally damned if they don't.
AP

advertisement

Back