advertisement

Tory MP assaults protester

Agreed. Much as it irks me to do so it also needs to be pointed out that both Yaxley-Racist and Gammonfuhrer Farage kept their composure after having a milkshake thrown at them by protesters, which technically is assault and could be genuinely terrifying given the extent of acid attacks in That London etc. This Tory thug and his audience of similarly vile people are apparently perfectly happy to see a woman flung into a pillar and assaulted for merely walking in a room. That is really not a good look for the party IMO.

You don’t need to be too irked. Yaxley-Lennon repeatedly punched the chap in the face. Which I suppose would be deemed composure by some people, but I suspect isn’t what you had in mind.

Not read this long thread, but the above pretty much sums it all up for me. Too many people (armchair warriors) nowadays are happy to jump on the bandwagon of should have done this or that. Plainly the security was useless (unless it was an inside job) and that would be the focus for me. They shouldn't have been there and who knows what they could have been carrying. Unfortunately I have seen far too many reports on similar or worse things that have happened, inflated by the press which makes the authorities damned if they do and equally damned if they don't.
AP
Not one single adult person who's seen the video or read the accounts believes that he believed there was any threat. With that alibi gone, he's just a man showing a woman her place using physical force, or to put it another way, an MP showing a member of the public her place using physical force. To save you the trouble of reading the thread.

Not read this long thread, but the above pretty much sums it all up for me. Too many people (armchair warriors) nowadays are happy to jump on the bandwagon of should have done this or that. Plainly the security was useless (unless it was an inside job) and that would be the focus for me. They shouldn't have been there and who knows what they could have been carrying. Unfortunately I have seen far too many reports on similar or worse things that have happened, inflated by the press which makes the authorities damned if they do and equally damned if they don't.
AP

Which makes you yet another armchair critic... defending his actions.

There is video evidence of what happened before and afterwards, she was fully armed with a wad of papers and not hiding a whole knife factory Elektra Assassin-style under that little red dress of hers. Perhaps this is what happens when as a Tory he saw red.

There is no excuse for what he did, there is no excuse for the audience clapping and there is no excuse for you trying to excuse him.

You don’t need to be too irked. Yaxley-Lennon repeatedly punched the chap in the face. Which I suppose would be deemed composure by some people, but I suspect isn’t what you had in mind.

Is that true, if so do you have a link? The footage I saw was of him just walking away. I know he is a convicted criminal with a history of really nasty thug-violence, but I thought he kept his temper under control in this particular incident.

Not read this long thread, but the above pretty much sums it all up for me. Too many people (armchair warriors) nowadays are happy to jump on the bandwagon

This conjures up a rather surrealistic picture. Do these people get out of their armchairs to leap on the bandwagon, or do they bring their armchairs with them? If the latter, the bandwagon would get full mighty quickly. And why is it a 'bandwagon', rather than a flatbed lorry?

This conjures up a rather surrealistic picture. Do these people get out of their armchairs to leap on the bandwagon, or do they bring their armchairs with them? If the latter, the bandwagon would get full mighty quickly....
48119139462_04ae80c2b2.jpg

Is that true, if so do you have a link? The footage I saw was of him just walking away. I know he is a convicted criminal with a history of really nasty thug-violence, but I thought he kept his temper under control in this particular incident.

a.palfreyman said:
They shouldn't have been there and who knows what they could have been carrying. Unfortunately I have seen far too many reports on similar or worse things that have happened, inflated by the press which makes the authorities damned if they do and equally damned if they don't.

Your own defence of the situation where you are trying to use this Tory piece of shit’s own mysoginistic rationale and then attach some other guff about “inflated by the press” to try and discredit these reports (in a “oh you can’t believe everything you see in the paper’s” style of proletariat bootlicking) even when multiple angle video evidence exists. What you are doing is defending not only him, but his actions prefaced with “they should not have been there” — which is a thinly veiled way of saying she got what she deserved.

Which really has the acrid whiff of defending violence against women by you trying to present ridiculous statements and irrelevant points as extenuating circumstances...

Sure, the video was reposted by all sorts. As there was more than one milkshake incident, we’re probably just thinking of different times. About 0:10 in this one:

Stick him in a suit and the only thing he looks like the accused at Luton Magistrates. Where’s his groomer Batten hiding at the moment btw?

AP

They were from Greenpeace and the attendees had already been alerted to their presence. When have you ever heard of Greenpeace using anything other than peaceful protest to make their point? Never, that's when. Mark Field saw an opportunity to bully someone who was spoiling his evening by simply asking him to listen for a few minutes. The man is a bully and a liar to boot. However, you and others defending him, are even worse. At least he will eventually have to admit he got angry and lashed out, you lot are sitting their making rational arguments for why what he did was acceptable while it wasn't to any normal balanced person and never will be! Says a heck of a lot about you frankly!

advertisement

Back