Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

EWA LS80 speaker cables

Discussion in 'audio' started by ex brickie, Jan 15, 2021.

1. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

I've upgraded in the past from Tellurium Ultra Black (but not to EWA this time) - I'll add thoughts once the new thread goes up

2. CliffB

CliffB pfm Member

New Elsdon Wonfor Audio IC-25 Thread has been started! Fill your boots.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. psd122

psd122 pfm Member

@ABCaudio hi allan,cables arrived safely today thanks. It'll be Saturday before I can plumb them in though :( can't wait.

Tarzan and Heckyman like this.
  4. Heckyman

Heckyman pfm Member

Mine arrived today too, sounding awesome already ;-)

5. Heckyman

Heckyman pfm Member

Thanks, I'll post my impressions in due course, once I got used to the LS 80's ;-)

6. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

7. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

..and thank you Colin !
    I've been a bit slow to post my findings with the LS-80's mainly due to covid seemingly robbing me of my my hearing along with various family matters.
    However, the last couple of hours have been an amazing eye-opener/ear-opener.
    I won't try to find new ways of repeating what others have said, but in my system these cables really are pretty much as big as upgrade as any I've ever made.
    Thankfully I only need short runs or I'd have to keep my LS-40's which themselves are nothing short of amazing.
    Just wish I could afford a bigger EWA amp to go with them !

GavinB and CJ14 like this.
  8. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

9. @CJ14 have you considered doing a subwoofer cable ? If not any reccomendations ?

I have a 2m pair of ls25 in my system but thinking of putting my name down for the 40s road show.

CJ14 likes this.
  10. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

LS80 if the sub has large drivers over 8inch.
    LS50 for less.

11. With rca connections ? This is an active sub.

12. ABCaudio

ABCaudio Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

Hello Mr, er... Pants!

IC-25 should be pretty awesome, even over longer lengths. What kind of length are we looking at?

13. My current cable is 3m, but I could go to 2.5m. I would think will need to check to be sure both my sub and amp are powered through the same isotek conditioner.

Currently using AQ greyhound

14. ABCaudio

ABCaudio Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

Feel free to contact me at the webshop, I'm sure I can help. Those aren't long lengths for IC-25, even when single ended.

15. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

Psssst....... @ABCaudio are threatening to put some LS80s out on demo! :eek: Watch your wallets!

Tarzan and MB_Rega like this.
  16. MB_Rega

MB_Rega Member

I'd like to try the LS-80s after my brother CliffB's experience of them! We live too far apart for me to borrow his, so if there was a set going around on demo I'd definitely be in.

CliffB and Cereal Killer like this.
  17. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

I think Alan my allow all the cables designs to go on tour if asked nicely.

MB_Rega likes this.
  18. kenniGT

kenniGT pfm Member

I would be aslo happy to try LS80 if possible. I have 2x 9in at the back of each speaker cabinet and design is 4 way :)
    I had LS25 assembled by MG with my previous speakers.

Or maybe I should wait for LS100? ;D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    CJ14 likes this.
  19. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Not interested.:rolleyes:

20. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

@Tarzan can't recall, did you order some?

Tarzan likes this.