Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

Discussion in 'audio' started by Cereal Killer, Nov 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

OK guys got the new design working.
    It is so silent in all things, separation fantastic, bass unreal.
    I enjoyed making it so I tell you how to make your own.
    Two bits of wet string wrapped around Ivy soaked in olive oil.
    Connection are match stick, used of coarse.
    And I have great name for it will be called G.M. N1Czero. :mad:
    But you must use a warm up disc here is the link to buy you own
    https://seca.freeforums.net/thread/296/links :)

Cereal Killer and Chris Tarling like this.
  2. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

Thank you all for all your feedback it will inspire me to make more affordable kit for the music fans thank you again.

Now stay safe no wire in the mains please more lethal than Covid.;)

Cereal Killer likes this.
  3. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Which proove they are creating insane uber-price.
    Whether it will compete with either Vitus, Naim or Audionet, I have no idea or interest, I don't listen with my wallet.

Our local Anzus dealer announce ex-dem Borresen cables of all kinds, savings on 60-75% is not unusual. I'm having a laugh sometime.
    I wouldn't even read mail correspondence from such a Co, neither would I call them bull-shitter.

CJ14 likes this.
  4. iansr

iansr pfm Member

I tried it Col; amazing lack of background noise! Trouble is the utter lack of foreground sound as well :p

CJ14 likes this.
  5. I'm fairly confident the U-300 would've cost a small fortune to tool-up and manufacture.

It's a work of art on many levels :)

[​IMG]

6. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

Oh poo caught out again, back to the scribble board.:oops:

7. I'm to busy being "made-up" with the sound I have here to be bothered trying :p :D

CJ14 likes this.
  8. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Agree, those listening with their eyes and wallets need to have something entirely different.
    Each to their own and all that.

9. I'd also like to recommend anyone trying the LS-40s in their systems to leave them in for 40+ hours or so to really understand and appreciate the benefits.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    ABCaudio, Tarzan and CJ14 like this.
  10. ampedup

ampedup Lost in audio

@Cereal Killer care to revisit your comments about LS-40s vs your home mades?

11. Millennium

Millennium pfm Member

I want to have this amp's children.

12. I already have! Check out post #290

ABCaudio and ampedup like this.
  13. To quote myself :D

ABCaudio likes this.
  14. ampedup

ampedup Lost in audio

So, what amp was replaced by the Aavik U-300? Sorry if I'm out of the loop here, but I want to know what you had to change before the LS-40 became significant for you, thanks.

CJ14 likes this.
  15. I had the Audionet DNA 2.0 when I demoed the LS-40s first time around, and then a Vitus RD-100/RS-100 pre/power for a month or so before the Aavik U-300.

The U-300 and the LS-40's are perfect together IMHO, the synergy is frankly astonishing. Since Thursday I haven't stopped re-listening with new admiration to many of my favourite albums.

ABCaudio, CJ14 and Salamander like this.
  16. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

17. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Alright, alright Raj that is showing off that is.:p

Agree with about the 40 hrs listening time on the LS40.:)

ABCaudio likes this.
  18. @Yivez Just heard from Alan @ABCaudio my cables will be sent out Thursday so should be able to get the 'touring LS-40s' out to you by the end of the week. They'll be in a new mailer box, the old one looked to have seen better days...

19. Yivez

Yivez Active Member

Thanks I’ll PM you with my address and get ready for a good listening session at the weekend!