Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kabayiri, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Yes, I remember Brexiters on here a few years ago when the possibility of customs checks in the Irish Sea was mentioned: "No British PM will ever accept", etc.

kendo, SteveS1 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

But, but the poor fishermen ......<takes out violin and onion>.

3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

She’ll probably get the local paper to publish a piece with her describing her grandmother’s war time fish pie recipe that has no fish in it.

4. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

The UK 'single' or 'internal' market is, whether you like it or not, a thing, and a fundamental provision in the Constitution. Nothing 'contrived' about it whatsoever, unless you consider the Acts of Union to be contrivances, which on reflection you probably do.

As for your gleeful asides about the Spectator, I guess you'd know. Unlike toi, I very, very rarely read it. I wish I had time. Rod Liddle was always fun in his effortless
    dismantling of the kind of hypocritical libleft bullshit in which some people so smugly bask, don't you think? It takes a lefty to know a lefty, you see.

5. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Rod Liddle is a **nt.

More than that, he defines **ntishness. He has developed the techniques of being a **nt to the level of art. The sort of art that thinks putting a turd on a plate is a provocative act of nonconformism, when in reality it's just somebody shitting in your dinner.

Enfield boy, ff1d1l, Nero and 4 others like this.
  6. eternumviti

Vaccinations to date.

7. eternumviti

I never said I liked the bloke!

8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

But he's 'fun'?

9. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

You should understand, she really suffered as a result of being obliged to actually carry out a professional function as a result of taking on a job with such responsibility. Can you imagine the stress involved in being given a 1000 page document accompanied by a summary prepared by the CS, and actually having to read some of it over the course of 4 days, knowing that you were going to vote for it regardless because that's what the Whip says? Nobody else in the history of work has ever had to do that, no lawyers ever have to pull all-nighters, nobody in a factory is ever there at 4am when they would rather be in bed.

10. TheDecameron

Ah, Mr.Liddle. I’ll give EV the benefit of the doubt and ascribe that to a coquettish little provocation. Next it’ll be ‘Katie Hopkins, I don’t agree with everything she says but she does make some valid points’ followed by chuntering about leftist deplatforming.

11. eternumviti

I think you're quoting Theresa May, not 'Brexiters here'.

Yes, I can imagine it feels much like that.

12. eternumviti

Ha, you wish! The only time I have ever heard of Katie Hopkins is from her obviously very keen followers on here.

13. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Thrown under that bus, where they join the DUP and a few others.
    In fairness, it's only a fraction of a percent of British GDP, nothing to get too steamed up about. The real damage is happening elsewhere.

14. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

He's obviously a rising star then, having modelled himself so closely on Boris. All he has to do is impregnate a few different women, break Covid rules and lie for a second time, and he has the set. Next PM.

15. TheDecameron

That’s been a running theme of yours- to conveniently put on naive ignorance only to contradict yourself later on.

16. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

She said it, and sage Brexiters on here nodded in agreement. I can't be bothered to trawl through the pfm archive, but it was after her daft red lines (and before she lost the GE), when it was pointed out some sort of border would have to run either through Ireland or through the Irish Sea. Brexiters at that time were counting either on magic technology or on the EU folding.

17. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

ISTR blockchain, the panacea of the technically illiterate, was mentioned quite a lot.

18. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

They still are.

19. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Takes a righty to know a righty, eh?

EV:
    [​IMG]

TheDecameron likes this.
  20. TheDecameron

Indeed, at the time EV had indulged in some extensive tech-Googling or more likely Daniel Hannan’s blog and was waxing lyrical about blockchain and other goodies. The invisible border that no one would notice was there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.