Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kabayiri, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kabayiri

kabayiri pfm Member

Not really.

Being honest, I didn't think Leave would win. The natural bias is for people to vote for the 'current' they know.

I thought the Leave vote would be significant though. A protest vote then. If the Scottish vote were anything to go by, the government might have followed up by bribing the disaffected regions.

2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

It was just me checking to see you were awake. :)

3. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Did you forget Trump said it first ? "I can't be a racist because Chinese are OK. They even get higher exam results than white people !!" ?
    Waste of time talking to Brexiteers they are more slippery than slippery things.

4. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

That's nothing, wait 'til you see the sh!t we have to eat once the "benefits" of Brexit really kick in.

5. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

I did have a little nap earlier, as it happens.

6. eternumviti

I know. We'll soon be getting fed up of all that fresh Cornish mackerel, scallops, crab, lobster, British beef, Wiltshire pork and Welsh hill lamb. We'll be pining for Andouillette in white sauce and those processed plastic German sausages.

7. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

I admire your optimism but on the evidence so far, given us English seem wedded to the tories, I suspect we'll more likely have "Mother's Pride", powdered egg, luncheon meat and ration coupons.

8. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Is luncheon meat posh spam?

9. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

I think it's the other way round.

Rob998 and SteveS1 like this.
  10. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Perleeze, you add a bit of cabbage and it’s choucroute garnie.

11. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Yeah, ‘cos that’s what most people eat.

12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Turnips for all! Picked by unemployed human rights lawyers, musicians, artists and scientists! Drain The Swamp! Plant more turnips! The gammon must eat!

tuga, najb and lagavullin10y like this.
  13. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Yes, they’ll be sending it out in the free school meal boxes next.

14. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Let’s not be pessimistic. You could vary the diet by replacing turnips with swedes once a week.

15. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Swedes! Send em packing. No better than Poles.

tuga and Tony L like this.
  16. eternumviti

Well, they will now.

If they don't like that, there'll be plenty of ham, egg and chips, it just won't be the low welfare, intensive Danish crap.

17. eternumviti

Apparently we'll be needing the swedes, as there won't be any beans from Kenya.

Oh, hang on a minute...

18. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Oh, I knew there would be denial but I didn’t expect even hard remainers to behave as though I had posted something like, “hard remainers are exactly the same as Trump supporters”, though it was always possible from such types. I do fall into the trap sometimes of thinking we are all adults here.

The comparison I made was both very straightforward and deliberately tightly bound because I wanted no doubt it was correct.

I stand by it despite some rather desperate and frankly idiotic responses...
    You’re tying yourself in knots in desperation. If you really don’t understand what I posted you have a genuine problem and should seek help.

Love the ‘we’ and ‘us’ again, by the way, it’s great study material for future generations.

I did deal with it. In a polite way I said you’re wrong, I have good manners, my friend. I have noticed you very rarely post on the actual topic being discussed. That’s trolling.

I’m constantly puzzled why it’s terrible for people in the UK to have their reasons for voting to make themselves poorer but great for Scots to have their reasons for voting to make themselves poorer. Can you clarify the difference please? It has a stench of hypocrisy around it.

ha ha ha. ha ha ha. This thread is very definitely not about benefits of brexit.

19. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

The glee is coming across clearly Brian. As expected.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  20. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

What do I you suggest I seek help for, exactly, Brian? Only that remark is almost as offensive as your nudge nudge wink wink no I’m not saying hard Remainers are like Trump supporters, bollocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.