advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it's a Sainsbury in NI.

I didn't get that one wrong at all. I repeatedly said that the NI Protocol to the WA would place an effective border down the Irish Sea, and break the 300 year old UK Single Market, thus flying directly in the face of the Good Friday Agreement.

I was told, repeatedly, that there would be no such border.
Yes, I remember Brexiters on here a few years ago when the possibility of customs checks in the Irish Sea was mentioned: "No British PM will ever accept", etc.

Oh, that's all right then, I understand totally. Don't be beastly to the poor woman. Why would an MP and minister have to read through 1000 pages in a couple of days when she could be organizing Christmas instead? Plus all that treaty stuff is dead boring, and it was going to be voted through in a day anyway because of the government's self-imposed "take back control" deadline, so what was the point?

But, but the poor fishermen ......<takes out violin and onion>.

That’s fascinating EV but I wasn’t soliciting a Googled history lesson from you, I was referring to your contrived use of ‘single market’ in the context. That’s what I meant when I said it reeked of Spectator.

The UK 'single' or 'internal' market is, whether you like it or not, a thing, and a fundamental provision in the Constitution. Nothing 'contrived' about it whatsoever, unless you consider the Acts of Union to be contrivances, which on reflection you probably do.

As for your gleeful asides about the Spectator, I guess you'd know. Unlike toi, I very, very rarely read it. I wish I had time. Rod Liddle was always fun in his effortless
dismantling of the kind of hypocritical libleft bullshit in which some people so smugly bask, don't you think? It takes a lefty to know a lefty, you see.

Rod Liddle is a **nt.

More than that, he defines **ntishness. He has developed the techniques of being a **nt to the level of art. The sort of art that thinks putting a turd on a plate is a provocative act of nonconformism, when in reality it's just somebody shitting in your dinner.

Oh, that's all right then, I understand totally. Don't be beastly to the poor woman. Why would an MP and minister have to read through 1000 pages in a couple of days when she could be organizing Christmas instead? Plus all that treaty stuff is dead boring, and it was going to be voted through in a day anyway because of the government's self-imposed "take back control" deadline, so what was the point?
You should understand, she really suffered as a result of being obliged to actually carry out a professional function as a result of taking on a job with such responsibility. Can you imagine the stress involved in being given a 1000 page document accompanied by a summary prepared by the CS, and actually having to read some of it over the course of 4 days, knowing that you were going to vote for it regardless because that's what the Whip says? Nobody else in the history of work has ever had to do that, no lawyers ever have to pull all-nighters, nobody in a factory is ever there at 4am when they would rather be in bed.

Ah, Mr.Liddle. I’ll give EV the benefit of the doubt and ascribe that to a coquettish little provocation. Next it’ll be ‘Katie Hopkins, I don’t agree with everything she says but she does make some valid points’ followed by chuntering about leftist deplatforming.

Yes, I remember Brexiters on here a few years ago when the possibility of customs checks in the Irish Sea were mentioned: "No British PM will ever accept", etc.

I think you're quoting Theresa May, not 'Brexiters here'.

Rod Liddle is a **nt.

More than that, he defines **ntishness. He has developed the techniques of being a **nt to the level of art. The sort of art that thinks putting a turd on a plate is a provocative act of nonconformism, when in reality it's just somebody shitting in your dinner.

Yes, I can imagine it feels much like that.

Ah, Mr.Liddle. I’ll give EV the benefit of the doubt and ascribe that to a coquettish little provocation. Next it’ll be ‘Katie Hopkins, I don’t agree with everything she says but she does make some valid points’ followed by chuntering about leftist deplatforming.

Ha, you wish! The only time I have ever heard of Katie Hopkins is from her obviously very keen followers on here.

But, but the poor fishermen ......<takes out violin and onion>.
Thrown under that bus, where they join the DUP and a few others.
In fairness, it's only a fraction of a percent of British GDP, nothing to get too steamed up about. The real damage is happening elsewhere.

Johnson certainly has a mixed-ability class of ministers. His lackey in Scotlandshire, Douglas Ross who’s CV includes lying in addition to not showing up for work and incompetence when he does.
He's obviously a rising star then, having modelled himself so closely on Boris. All he has to do is impregnate a few different women, break Covid rules and lie for a second time, and he has the set. Next PM.

I think you're quoting Theresa May, not 'Brexiters here'.
She said it, and sage Brexiters on here nodded in agreement. I can't be bothered to trawl through the pfm archive, but it was after her daft red lines (and before she lost the GE), when it was pointed out some sort of border would have to run either through Ireland or through the Irish Sea. Brexiters at that time were counting either on magic technology or on the EU folding.

She said it, and sage Brexiters on here nodded in agreement. I can't be bothered to trawl through the pfm archive, but it was after her daft red lines (and before she lost the GE), when it was pointed out some sort of border would have to run either through Ireland or through the Irish Sea. Brexiters at that time were counting either on magic technology or on the EU folding.
ISTR blockchain, the panacea of the technically illiterate, was mentioned quite a lot.

They still are.

The UK 'single' or 'internal' market is, whether you like it or not, a thing, and a fundamental provision in the Constitution. Nothing 'contrived' about it whatsoever, unless you consider the Acts of Union to be contrivances, which on reflection you probably do.

As for your gleeful asides about the Spectator, I guess you'd know. Unlike toi, I very, very rarely read it. I wish I had time. Rod Liddle was always fun in his effortless
dismantling of the kind of hypocritical libleft bullshit in which some people so smugly bask, don't you think? It takes a lefty to know a lefty, you see.

Takes a righty to know a righty, eh?

EV:
The Brexit party exists to restore democracy and sovereignty to the UK, and appears to have no other policy. It faces fierce opposition from so-called liberal progressives who believe that the UK should be subsumed into the morass of the EU technocracy.

ozkawd6kf330.png

Indeed, at the time EV had indulged in some extensive tech-Googling or more likely Daniel Hannan’s blog and was waxing lyrical about blockchain and other goodies. The invisible border that no one would notice was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back