Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kabayiri, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Utter nonsense. UK jobs and inward investment going elsewhere. Far more than the red bus payments are now being spent on the damage, additional process, admin and internal subsidies. Your zero sum accountancy is typically ignoring the additional expense and hassle. COVID will provide some cover, for now.

roman likes this.
  2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

..is it an Ashcroft special?

3. roman

roman pfm Member

'no matter the cause' skirts round the issue somewhat wouldn't you say?

4. roman

roman pfm Member

I'm struggling to keep up with the number of ways you spend the same bus loads of cash.

5. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

There is a £200 million net red bus diverted every week.

6. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

I reckon we’ve probably spent October 2022s by now.

7. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

roman,

Yes, we’ve seen the same picture of the same bus millions of times but there isn’t just 1 bus, it is like a different bus every week with different loads of cash.

Colin Barron likes this.
  8. Minio

Minio ... take a walk on the mild side...

Forget the bus.
    Just get on ya bike!
    (.. it was acceptable in the eighties...)

9. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

You could well be correct, but the difference is it's investing within the UK and much of it will circulated in above average unemployment areas.

10. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

And that's just on buses. o_O

11. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Better to spend on buses than sinking ships.

12. roman

roman pfm Member

Brian,
    I get that, but Colin misses a rather crucial element that goes something like this:

A market trader pays £50 for his pitch every week. He makes £100 weekly but decides to pack it all in to save the £50. He gives his newfound £50 a week fortune to his distant Geordie relative.

That's brexit.

13. roman

roman pfm Member

Oh, and then he gives the same £50 to the local hospital, and then again for some imaginary boats and then...you get the picture.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  14. Brian

I get that. But it’s happened and now we move on and do the best deals we can.

PS I don’t expect the tories to spend much outside the SE and their mates for very long.

15. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Are we going to charge the EU for their pitch in the UK? Neither side can afford not to trade.

16. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

They’ll continue to trade, but at a lower level.

Around 45% of UK exports are to the EU. In the opposite direction about 15% of EU exports are to the UK. Even a simpleton can work out who’s got more to lose.

stephen bennett likes this.
  17. Cav

Cav pfm Member

I think you will find, and probably already suspect, that the UK is the Raft of the Medusa...

Covkxw likes this.
  18. Cav

Cav pfm Member

No red bus money for the NHS though, which was the original big lie...

19. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Pitch in a market with unrestricted access to 28 countries, many of them already wealthy, most of the rest well on the way to becoming so. RENT £50.00
    Pitch in a market with restricted access to 3.5 countries, one of which was wealthy but is now ruled by a despotic government intent on bankruptcy, and the remaining discontented 2.5 countries also being similarly bankrupted and asset-stripped, so poorer than they should be and heading downhill. RENT £0 or, in view of recent performance, perhaps we need to offer incentives.

20. Brian

Nobody said we don’t have more to lose.

That we have more to lose does not mean the EU can afford to lose this 15%, or do you think they may choose to do so?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.