advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Israel’s war on Gaza live news: ‘People burned alive’ in attack on Rafah

• Israeli forces have bombed a tent camp housing displaced people in a designated safe zone in Rafah, killing some 40 Palestinians, according to the Wafa news agency. Many of the victims were women and children.
  • The attack on the camp in Tal as-Sultan came after Israeli forces bombed shelters housing displaced Palestinians in other areas including Jabalia, Nuseirat and Gaza City, killing at least 160 others, according to Palestinian officials

Mehdi Hassan, a US journalist, wrote: “There are videos coming out of Rafah today of beheaded babies. Actual beheaded babies that you can see for yourselves – not the beheaded babies that the Israeli authorities invented to justify their genocidal assault, or the ones that Biden falsely claimed to have seen pix of.”

When bombs drop on tent camps filled with babies, those babies are decapitated. This stuff is on video. It’s horrific and heartbreaking. We, the U.S. taxpayers, are paying for this and if we saw every night on the news what’s happening to kids in Rafah, we would be outraged.
— Mehdi Hasan (@mehdirhasan) May 26, 2024

‘Palestinian children should wake up feeling excited to go to school and play with their friends’: Corbyn

Jeremy Corbyn, the former leader of the UK Labour Party and a human rights advocate, has labelled Israel’s bombing of a tent camp in Rafah a “monstrous failure of humanity” in a post on X.
Palestinian children should wake up feeling excited to go to school and play with their friends.
Instead, for those murdered in Rafah, their last moments on this earth were filled with unimaginable fear as bombs rained down on their tents.
What a monstrous failure of humanity.
— Jeremy Corbyn (@jeremycorbyn) May 27, 2024

ActionAid condemns ‘inhumane, barbaric’ attack on Rafah camp

The global humanitarian group said it was “outraged and heartbroken by the recent attacks in West Rafah, where Israeli fighter jets launched eight missiles at makeshift shelters housing internally displaced persons (IDPs) next to UNRWA warehouses stocking vital aid”.
It added, “The images coming from our partners of burned bodies are a scar on the face of humanity and the global community, which so far has failed to protect the people of Gaza. One of our own ActionAid colleagues narrowly escaped this atrocity, having left the shelter just a day before the attack. But nobody’s safety is guaranteed in Gaza.”

Ireland’s FM condemns Rafah camp attack

Ireland’s foreign minister describes last night’s attack on a tent camp in Rafah as “barbaric”.
“Gaza is a very small enclave, densely populated,” he says, adding, “One cannot bomb an area like that without shocking consequences in terms of innocent children and civilians.
“We would urge Israel to stop, to stop now, in terms of the military operation in Rafah.”

Mehdi Hassan, a US journalist, wrote: “There are videos coming out of Rafah today of beheaded babies. Actual beheaded babies that you can see for yourselves – not the beheaded babies that the Israeli authorities invented to justify their genocidal assault, or the ones that Biden falsely claimed to have seen pix of.”

‘Palestinian children should wake up feeling excited to go to school and play with their friends’: Corbyn

Jeremy Corbyn, the former leader of the UK Labour Party and a human rights advocate, has labelled Israel’s bombing of a tent camp in Rafah a “monstrous failure of humanity” in a post on X.

The global humanitarian group said it was “outraged and heartbroken by the recent attacks in West Rafah, where Israeli fighter jets launched eight missiles at makeshift shelters housing internally displaced persons (IDPs) next to UNRWA warehouses stocking vital aid”.
It added, “The images coming from our partners of burned bodies are a scar on the face of humanity and the global community, which so far has failed to protect the people of Gaza. One of our own ActionAid colleagues narrowly escaped this atrocity, having left the shelter just a day before the attack. But nobody’s safety is guaranteed in Gaza.”

Ireland’s foreign minister describes last night’s attack on a tent camp in Rafah as “barbaric”.
“Gaza is a very small enclave, densely populated,” he says, adding, “One cannot bomb an area like that without shocking consequences in terms of innocent children and civilians.
“We would urge Israel to stop, to stop now, in terms of the military operation in Rafah.”

I see Lisa O'Carrol in the Guardian writes the Rafah attack was 'provoked' by the latest Hamas missile attack on Tel Aviv. Unbelievable.

I happened to watch a bit of Al Jazeera last night and, truth be told, I was really upset by this attack on refugee tents. I feel let down not just by Israel and the West, but also by establishment Judaism. I feel a bit bitter about it, actually.

I was reminded of this post from @cooky1257 in December.
I read with horror the 'deadly game of battleships' the IDF is imposing on the 2 million people crammed into southern Gaza whereby the region is divided into numbered sectors and following a leaflet drop populations will be required to evacuate to designated sectors as they flatten the one they are currently sheltering in. Monstrous.

Where he got it wrong is that they don't tell them to move to the next sector before they attack the one they're currently in.

Macron says he is 'outraged' over Israeli airstrikes on camp for displaced Palestinians in Rafah

The French president, Emmanuel Macron, has said that he is “outraged” by the Israeli airstrikes – on a camp housing displaced Palestinians in Rafah – that are reported to have killed at least 40 people.

“These operations must stop. There are no safe areas in Rafah for Palestinian citizens. I call for full respect for international law and an immediate ceasefire,” he wrote in a tweet on X.

Outraged by the Israeli strikes that have killed many displaced persons in Rafah.

These operations must stop. There are no safe areas in Rafah for Palestinian civilians.

I call for full respect for international law and an immediate ceasefire.
— Emmanuel Macron (@EmmanuelMacron) May 27, 2024
The Palestinian Red Crescent said Sunday’s airstrike targeted tents for displaced people near a UN facility in Tal al-Sultan, about 2km (1.2 miles) north-west of the centre of the southern city of Rafah.

We are at the point where not only Israel should face immediate and absolute boycotts, but the IDF should be proscribed as a terrorist organisation and its members arrested anywhere they set foot in the rest of the world. They are radicalised Al Qaeda, ISIS, SS-grade butchers. We should have zero tolerance for genocidal scum.

We are at the point where not only Israel should face immediate and absolute boycotts, but the IDF should be proscribed as a terrorist organisation and its members arrested anywhere they set foot in the rest of the world. They are radicalised Al Qaeda, ISIS, SS-grade butchers. We should have zero tolerance for scum.
Absolutely. Didn't want to get banned so pleased you went first :)

We are at the point where not only Israel should face immediate and absolute boycotts, but the IDF should be proscribed as a terrorist organisation and its members arrested anywhere they set foot in the rest of the world. They are radicalised Al Qaeda, ISIS, SS-grade butchers. We should have zero tolerance for genocidal scum.
Yet it seems that UNWRA may be proscribed as a terrorist organisation.
Would that legitimise any attacks on it's workers or facilities ?

Yet it seems that UNWRA may be proscribed as a terrorist organisation.

Nothing would surprise me. We live in a country where the legal system are now ‘Enemies Of The People’. Where international legislation and courts setup at the end of WWII to protect us from fascism and genocide are attacked, demeaned and diminished by our increasingly extremist politicians. We are the Nazis now. There is no other explanation. The only difference is we are fully aware of the crimes. We see them occurring in colour in real time. I have seen more images of burned, mutilated, decapitated, crushed, shot, maimed and murdered children over the past months than it can possibly be healthy to see in a lifetime. Images of a radicalised all-powerful racist military force laughing, joking, gloating and preening itself in its blood filled killing fields, yet we are still being told the racist apartheid state responsible has the “right to defend itself” and we are “hate marchers” etc by being appalled and outraged by these monstrous events.

I have lost all respect for the UK & USA, let alone Israel. I have a functioning moral compass and a reasonable grasp of 20th century history. I know *exactly* what this shit is.

advertisement

Back