advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Isn't it true that in the UK education system that if you get A* in an exam that you have done extremely well.

Seems good to me.

Yes, but then the student was handed the exam paper with a list of answers already filled in, that success is artificial.

Can you elaborate how come last race is irrelevant? :)

He won't. He will write a single sentence of relative nonsense intended to provoke that has no evidence to counter the facts of the issue *

*look at previous posts

"Listen, Lewis, on the QT I know some people who can sort this Masi fella for you. Let me know when he's in Paris. There's this Underpass..."

Lol (but wait for the pfm middle class hero outroar at that obviously tongue in cheek comment!)

Can you elaborate how come last race is irrelevant? :)

I didn't claim that the last race is irrelevant. I claimed that if some of the incidents and decisions from the previous 21 races had different outcomes then either Hamilton or Verstappen could have a different points total making the last decision of the season unimportant.

Ooh look, two sentences.

I didn't claim that the last race is irrelevant. I claimed that if some of the incidents and decisions from the previous 21 races had different outcomes then either Hamilton or Verstappen could have a different points total making the last decision of the season unimportant.

Ooh look, two sentences.
Or, if Lewis hadn’t taken up karting all those years ago he might have become an electrician in Stevenage, and now have three kids and a van.

Or, if Lewis hadn’t taken up karting all those years ago he might have become an electrician in Stevenage, and now have three kids and a van.

Of course. But my comment was about the season being 22 races long and not just one lap. I suspect that if Max had led from the first lap to the end last week that there would still be people here claiming that his championship was invalid because he works for a drinks company.

The FIA lobbying and whitewash seems to have had its effect.

We will never be privy to the entirety of deal that has been agreed, but I imagine plenty of smart people at Merc decided it was for the best and will eventually put them in a stronger position moving forward. I figure Lewis would not want a half baked championship. Max is happy to have the gift, Lewis clearly wants to earn it properly. His grace speaks volumes.

While on a personal level I am disappointed they chose to withdraw, as this was such a severe case of injustice and deserved to be outed publicly, the fans on both sides (even those with half a brain) will always know what happened, and who the real champion should have been.

Max Verstappen = Fake Champion.

Next year, will be the proving ground.

Ooh look, two sentences.

Some of 22 races were also questionable. Non-race Spa for instance.

It all about Mr Masi, he is the figure of the season. You like it or not, this year Championship result was shambolic.

The FIA lobbying and whitewash seems to have had its effect.

We will never be privy to the entirety of deal that has been agreed, but I imagine plenty of smart people at Merc decided it was for the best and will eventually put them in a stronger position moving forward. I figure Lewis would not want a half baked championship. Max is happy to have the gift, Lewis clearly wants to earn it properly. His grace speaks volumes.

While on a personal level I am disappointed they chose to withdraw, as this was such a severe case of injustice and deserved to be outed publicly, the fans on both sides (even those with half a brain) will always know what happened, and who the real champion should have been.

Max Verstappen = Fake Champion.

Next year, will be the proving ground.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Bravo @flutteringwow

Good to see the magnanimity of certain contributors, totally unconnected with their satisfaction at the outcome. I expect we would have seen similar had Max been on the wrong end of it. Or not.

It will be interesting to see what the FIA comes up with. I understand Merc's desision, given the pressure to move on. I'm sure Horner would have done similar (arf). The main issue that I can see going forward is that there is nothing much to prevent a repeat, should the sponsors/TV require something more 'entertaining' than what is happening at the time.

For me, from now on, Redbull, Max, Horner, Helmut, are those who I will be cheering to lose. I hope Sergio will be faster than Max next season.
Why?
Comments after the race.
They know it was wrong, yet they defend Masi or use tricks like: 'any' does not mean 'all' in SC rules (yeah, if you are English student from Siberia).
Max say, championship should be won on the race track, fearing there will be some decision taking it away from him.
That means they are not championship team, they just some team who got what did not deserve and try to hold to it as much as they can. For that reason, they do not have my respect.
Mercedes and Lewis on the other hand, showed dignity rarely seen in any sport. And for that alone, they have my support and respect.
2021 year make you think. Who is the real looser here?

advertisement

Back