advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Yuki Tsunoda, the Japanese driver has got Red Bull's Alpha Tauri second team seat for 2021, replacing Daniil Kvyat.

I guess this means that Red Bull may now stick with Albon. If they were going to put Perez in the Red Bull seat, I would have thought they would have put Albon back down in the Alpha Tauri seat.

Either Albon or Perez are going to have an unhappy/happy Christmas present.

OIP.lzvIb3lu_MkAafo6n-ISQQHaFC

a replacement for the "torpedo"

I wont go into detail for fear of insulting any Japanese, hopefully some might see the humour intended

From https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154261/capito-to-become-williams-ceo

“German motor industry and racing veteran Jost Capito will become the Williams Formula 1 team's new CEO in February, while Simon Roberts take on the role of team principal full-time.

The 62-year-old Capito has a busy CV that has seen him work for several manufacturers and F1 teams in a variety of roles.”

That’s hopefully a step in the right direction.

From https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154261/capito-to-become-williams-ceo

“German motor industry and racing veteran Jost Capito will become the Williams Formula 1 team's new CEO in February, while Simon Roberts take on the role of team principal full-time.

The 62-year-old Capito has a busy CV that has seen him work for several manufacturers and F1 teams in a variety of roles.”

That’s hopefully a step in the right direction.

He needs to be able to see through the spin etc that the management team and most likely the layer beneath them have been spinning for years and then get people in who can do the job.

Because if he doesn't, despite the best engine, very good wind tunnel and very good simulator, they will not be moving up the grid as they have been last for 3 years with some impressive resources (Ferrari are likely to have build a much better engine for 2021, which will help Haas and Sauber improve relative to the Merc powered cars).

A regulations update for 2021, after a pair of Bottas’ tyres were fitted to Russell’s car by mistake, again from Autosport:

“Any driver who uses a set of tyres of differing specifications or tyres not allocated to him during the race may not cross the line on the track more than twice before returning to the pits and changing them for a set of tyres of the same specification."

There was previously no clarity for incidents where a driver used tyres that were allocated to another car, putting Russell at risk of disqualification.

Williams do need a massive shake ,their performance can only be called terrible as they have the best engine and look what racing point have done with it ! I would also guess Williams have more available resources than Racing point so a clear out of the people that took them in the wrong direction is mandatory

I know it's easy to say this and that when you're an armchair fan and not directly involved, but I approve this message. I really like Albon's driving when he's at one with his car, but sadly, those moments are all too fleeting. Assuming the RB car remains capable, I predict Perez will score at least ten top-5 finishes.

I know it's easy to say this and that when you're an armchair fan and not directly involved, but I approve this message. I really like Albon's driving when he's at one with his car, but sadly, those moments are all too fleeting. Assuming the RB car remains capable, I predict Perez will score at least ten top-5 finishes.
Lol. You’d hope so. Albon managed 6 top fives in a truncated season.

Mmm, 6 out of 17 races was better than my memory suggested he'd done. I still think Perez will fair better on average, although perhaps I ought to revise his (!) projected target from ten to twelve or more top-5 finishes. This armchair management is tricky business lol

It's not so much the finishing positions that have let Albon down, but more his inability to get close to his teammate in qualifying. If Perez can be within 2 to 3 tenths in qualifying then the grid positions will be better and we all know what he can do in a race. I suspect he will be markedly better than Albon in that respect, but also when misfortune befalls him he doesn't seem to let it get to him and he just gets on with it. Witness the Sakhir GP, last on lap 1 to eventual winner. His ability to manage the tyres will help him too. I think he is a perfect fit for Red Bull, not so fast he'll trouble Verstappen too much, but fast enough to keep him looking in his mirrors and bring home a huge haul of points as well as being there to pick up the pieces when it goes wrong for Max.

advertisement

Back