advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Not what I was looking for I understand the tyre situation but valid point.

I was more interested in whether other drivers backed off the fight at the front.
Max was alongside Lewis for some of the pre restart so did any other driver become less timid and put pressure or capitalize on this situation.
Looking at the points for the other drivers there doesn't look like there was a need to do so and their tyres may well have been on the edge.
If Max or Lewis had over cooked a corner and lost time another driver may have been close enough and able to sneak into second before either had recovered.
I am not 100% clear on what you were asking.

Lewis and VER were 5 seconds ahead of SAI (who was in third) at the restart and so there was no opportunity for other drivers to put any pressure on the front two.

I am not 100% clear on what you were asking.

Lewis and VER were 5 seconds ahead of SAI (who was in third) at the restart and so there was no opportunity for other drivers to put any pressure on the front two.

Unless the Race Dictator makes some adjustments to suit.

LH is a class act, looking at his recent ceremony, he looked “completely over it “

Even Max appears to be showing some genuine belated respect, I hope its not just for the press

Absolutely. It would have been rough on Hamilton to lose the time, but that's understood and bad luck.
At least he would've had more than a fighting chance instead of being a sitting duck on those old hard tyres. I think he had the car to have taken Max within a couple of laps.

There is no way out of it.

In sport history books 2021 should be written with star: 2021* , * - win thanks to race director decision.

Poor Max will be under pressure to prove himself again next year (against Russel/Lewis can prove much harder), as there will be many, who will say it was not fair win. It is not his fault, but that will the feeling lingering for years to come.

Absolute nonsense of course.

The championship was 22 races long. There were many other races with incidents and decisions that could have made the last race irrelevant.

This will be the deal get MB to withdraw their appeal.

Yes I thought that. The fact that the RD made a call and changed it under pressure from an interested party would be very difficult in court. Despite all the chaff, that is what it comes down to.

Yes I thought that. The fact that the RD made a call and changed it under pressure from an interested party would be very difficult in court. Despite all the chaff, that is what it comes down to.
Also the wording from the FIA is very strong and in effect adds that * after Max’s WDC crown. Probably this too is part of the MB deal.

I’m sure Lewis only wants to win on the track but I reckon he was being especially careful given that he was about to receive his knighthood.

I watched the race and before the final SC, Horner said the Mercedes had too much pace on the day. He resigned himself to a loss. Then the SC, then a conversation, I believe from Horner to the RD.

The miracle came for RB.

Bet ya Charley whispered in his ear today.. "Lewis, that Masi is a right old cockwomble'

b34a511a14924537bdfd6a9cbe7aea3d_md.jpg

"Listen, Lewis, on the QT I know some people who can sort this Masi fella for you. Let me know when he's in Paris. There's this Underpass..."

Isn't it true that in the UK education system that if you get A* in an exam that you have done extremely well.

Seems good to me.
Part of the FIA statement:
The circumstances surrounding the use of the Safety Car following the incident of driver Nicholas Latifi, and the related communications between the FIA Race Direction team and the Formula 1 teams, have notably generated significant misunderstanding and reactions from Formula 1 teams, drivers and fans, an argument that is currently tarnishing the image of the Championship and the due celebration of the first Drivers' World Championship title won by Max Verstappen and the eighth consecutive Constructors' World Championship title won by Mercedes.

advertisement

Back