advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

So...

Could we all agree that if Latifi had not crashed into the barrier, HAM would have won the World F1 championship?

So...

Could we all agree that if Latifi had not crashed into the barrier, HAM would have won the World F1 championship?

He would have won it if the rules were followed even with the crash.

Conclusion: Max is a fake World Champion of Trump proportions.

Officials...

Be Damned.

I still think that in the event of a Safety Car or a VSC, no pitting for tyre changes allowed on the grounds that racing is suspended until SC or VSC is withdrawn.

Pit stops are an inherent part of motor racing.

The rules would've given a just result, Masi breaking the rules was a fix. I hope LH continues, wins at least the next 3 years then moves to Ferrari for one final year to give them their first championship since Kimi. Hamiltons 11 sounds good to me.

Is there any clear footage of the lack of attack behind/on Max because the lapped cars were not cleared between Max and Carlos so Carlos was not able to put pressure on Max before the restart or on the final lap?

Is there any clear footage of the lack of attack behind/on Max because the lapped cars were not cleared between Max and Carlos so Carlos was not able to put pressure on Max before the restart or on the final lap?
If you mean that you think lapped cars being out of the way would mean that the third and forth fastest cars should have been hounding Verstappen, well, they were about a second a lap slower than the fastest two at almost every circuit, once the year had settled a bit.

If you mean that you think lapped cars being out of the way would mean that the third and forth fastest cars should have been hounding Verstappen, well, they were about a second a lap slower than the fastest two at almost every circuit, once the year had settled a bit.
Exactly. And VER had fitted a set of new softs.

Not what I was looking for I understand the tyre situation but valid point.

I was more interested in whether other drivers backed off the fight at the front.
Max was alongside Lewis for some of the pre restart so did any other driver become less timid and put pressure or capitalize on this situation.
Looking at the points for the other drivers there doesn't look like there was a need to do so and their tyres may well have been on the edge.
If Max or Lewis had over cooked a corner and lost time another driver may have been close enough and able to sneak into second before either had recovered.

Bet ya Charley whispered in his ear today.. "Lewis, that Masi is a right old cockwomble'

b34a511a14924537bdfd6a9cbe7aea3d_md.jpg

So...

That is what I commented somewhere on youtube.

Lewis only lost championship, as slowest and weakest car/driver crashed. And that is why F1 looks like a joke at the moment.

advertisement

Back