advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Is Formula 1 new to you?

Does the name Nico Rosberg mean anything to you?

Rosberg? The guy who took Prost advice to be dirty to win Championchip? The one who stopped in quali Monaco? Later quit racing as he only wanted to achieve what his dad did? This boy? For me he is another who could not beat Lewis in fair fight.

Do not worry about Lewis, he will be driving next year. I am sure he not want to have this as last race in his F1 carrier. It would linger forever, being cheated by FIA officials after what he did for the sport.
Be intelligent and read between lines, Toto is saying to FIA: Look what you did, 7times world champion is not impressed and might show you back if not going to sort this out.

I think you should put your energy into support Max on tweeter. He needs that. I feel sorry for him as he can not be fully happy winning this way. He knows very well it was handed to him, as he was slower that day. And he knows, every other driver and person in F1 knows the same. It will be questioned forever and might do more damage than good long-term.

Rosberg. The guy who had a contract until the end of 2018 but retired in 2016.

I have little doubt that Hamilton will race next year. As I already said, it's just Wolf playing media games.

And Max is not my boy. I have said a number of times that I am not partisan but enjoy the F1 spectacle. Some people have stated that they hope that Hamilton and Russell leave the others for dust next year. I don't. I hope to see McLaren and Ferrari (at least) winning many more races and hope that 22 is as exciting as 21 has been. I'm not bothered if Verstappen never wins another championship ( I wasn't bothered about him winning this one - I just don't think that Hamilton needs hero worship ). I loved the last lap not because Hamilton lost or Verstappen won but because it gave us some excitement.

I suspect that some Germans still think that the ball didn't cross the line in 1966. But most people have moved on.

I like real exiting fair racing ,not influenced by doggy FIA officials decisions. No sure how you could enjoy or even 'loved' unfair fight...

Last edited:
And Max is not my boy. I have said a number of times that I am not partisan but enjoy the F1 spectacle. Some people have stated that they hope that Hamilton and Russell leave the others for dust next year. I don't. I hope to see McLaren and Ferrari (at least) winning many more races and hope that 22 is as exciting as 21 has been. I'm not bothered if Verstappen never wins another championship ( I wasn't bothered about him winning this one - I just don't think that Hamilton needs hero worship ). I loved the last lap not because Hamilton lost or Verstappen won but because it gave us some excitement.

Can you define 'spectacle'? We certainly got that and as the FIA themselves have admitted, it hasn't been a good look.

'Loving' a contrived lap like that is a very strange appreciation of F1. You have given the impression that your personal satisfaction with the outcome has overridden any concern you might have had for the integrity of the competition. BTW being alarmed at the 'hero worship' of a seven times champion, really? Bad news on that score, the way he was treated by the RD and his reaction to such an injustice has done a lot to add to that.

A red flag and a four lap shoot out on the same rubber and I could understand it, but what we got was a long way from a fair contest.

R
I have said a number of times that I am not partisan but enjoy the F1 spectacle. I just don't think that Hamilton needs hero worship ). I loved the last lap not because Hamilton lost or Verstappen won but because it gave us some excitement.

Trump-sentiments.

A sad reality of the new world.

My excitement is in a race, not a spectacle. I hazard a guess, any real fans probably feel the same.

Trump-sentiments.

A sad reality of the new world.

My excitement is in a race, not a spectacle. I hazard a guess, any real fans probably feel the same.
That was like a TV quiz where the first five rounds can be won by the same person, with lots of knowledge displayed and nerves held in check, but the final round scores more points than the others put together, and is a 50/50. A pointless exercise, except for its appeal to daytime telly viewers who climb out of bed at 11am.

FGwvtGlWQAUZkXm.jpg

Can you define 'spectacle'?

I understand that F1 is a team sport. There are many players ranging from the driver through to the personal trainer and so on. It is not only about what happens on the day.

All of the outrage makes me smile.

Max Verstappen says Lewis Hamilton 'has every reason' to return to F1 next year

I understand that F1 is a team sport. There are many players ranging from the driver through to the personal trainer and so on. It is not only about what happens on the day.

All of the outrage makes me smile.

Max Verstappen says Lewis Hamilton 'has every reason' to return to F1 next year

Ha yes those are considerable contortions you have to go through. People watch F1 for the personal trainers and pit crew, of course they do. You would no doubt have 'smiled' at the outrage if Max had been on the end of it, or possibly not.

Just be honest, you got the result you wanted and the integrity of it doesn't matter. I get that.

I loved the last lap not because Hamilton lost or Verstappen won but because it gave us some excitement.

If that statement is true you are watching the wrong sport. I have no real hand in this game (as I love F1 first before a particular driver/team) and overall I feel Max deserved it just that bit more than Lewis across the season, but any true F1 follower who has watched the sport for many years could never say they enjoyed that last lap. The biggest issue (outside of not applying the basic rules of the sport) is it was foregone conclusion as soon as it was set up so in what way could it be described as exciting? I could have had some small modicum of respect for Masi et al if they had at least manufactured a last lap where both drivers had a fair chance, but this was as good as handing Max the trophy on a plate. It's no good saying Mercedes had a chance to pit etc. in some justification of the situation as Mercedes gambled on not doing so based on the rule book that was then torn up in front of them. Had they know what happened could have happened then of course they would have pitted and at least had Lewis in 2nd on the same tyres as Max for the last lap 'shootout'.

However, I don't really think your statement is true or at least not for the reasons you say. You'd have enjoyed that last lap a whole lot less if the drivers had been in the reverse situation and Max had 'lost' to Lewis. That's the truth of it and it's sad that you allow your opinion of drivers (who you've never met so never really know) to govern your enjoyment of the extreme skill on display in all these races from all the drivers (yes we take the piss out of Mazepin, but he'd give all of us a serious lesson in racing if we tried to go up against him). Yes you're far from alone in this so I'm not really singling you out, and what I say stands for others as much as you.

I think the saddest indictment of this whole affair (after the fact that the rules were twisted to generate a specific result) is that despite putting a very brave face on it Max knows deep down that this championship is forever tainted and I feel very sorry for him for that as he drove so well and he deserves better. I hope he wins another one in better circumstances as otherwise his critics (of which there are many) will forever label him as only ever being able to win aided by the FIA and that really would not be fair.

That's the truth of it and it's sad that you allow your opinion of drivers (who you've never met so never really know) to govern your enjoyment of the extreme skill on display in all these races from all the drivers (yes we take the piss out of Mazepin, but he'd give all of us a serious lesson in racing if we tried to go up against him). Yes you're far from alone in this so I'm not really singling you out, and what I say stands for others as much as you.

I think the saddest indictment of this whole affair (after the fact that the rules were twisted to generate a specific result) is that despite putting a very brave face on it Max knows deep down that this championship is forever tainted and I feel very sorry for him for that as he drove so well and he deserves better. I hope he wins another one in better circumstances as otherwise his critics (of which there are many) will forever label him as only ever being able to win aided by the FIA and that really would not be fair.
You must be a close personal friend of Max to know what he really feels - or are you just projecting your abject frustration and bitter disappointment that Sant Sir Lewis lost and hoping that Max feels bad about winning?

It is rather sad that so many others here are trying to ease their pain by hoping Max feels bad. I bet Max does not give a flying wotsit about how he won the championship.

You must be a close personal friend of Max to know what he really feels - or are you just projecting your abject frustration and bitter disappointment that Sant Sir Lewis lost and hoping that Max feels bad about winning?

It is rather sad that so many others here are trying to ease their pain by hoping Max feels bad. I bet Max does not give a flying wotsit about how he won the championship.

I don't normally respond to you because I think you're a bit of a joke, but I will make an exception this time.

What I feel is clearly written in my post so, assuming you can read and understand it, stop spinning it into something it isn't to suit your sadly narrow minded and skewed view of the situation. I don't 'hope' Max feels bad as he deserved the championship over the course of the season, but I am sure he doesn't feel as good as he would have had he won it more conventionally. The really sad thing is you clearly don't think much of Max as a sportsman if you genuinely opine that he won't care about the manner in which he wins. Thankfully I, and others, think a bit more of him.

No-one in F1 is feeling good at the moment, especially fans.
So if the Champ is ok with that, that is not how Champ should behave. Eyes are on mr Todt and his circus now...

Haha and mr Todt had spoken:
“But you should see the whole season. Was he lucky in Silverstone? Was he lucky in Azerbaijan? Was he lucky in Budapest? He was not, you know.”

So...lets set this up properly. From now on FIA race control will be correcting any (sorry - all) drivers luck in the last race. Sorted! That is F1 we all want!

And as it stand for Max and his 'feeling ok being a Champ'.
In last race he was loosing on all laps to Lewis in fair fight, until got unfair advantage on the last lap.
How anyone could fell ok for getting an award for sth like this?

Last edited:

advertisement

Back