advertisement

System Pics 2016 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
One preamp with PS, three power amps with PS', SNAXO crossover with Supercap PS, Melco disk server, Chord DAC, Radikal supply for LP12. There's also a DIY USB to SPDIF convertor and a DIY Twisted Pear Buffalo DAC, neither of the latter two in use at the moment.

I could show you the stack on the opposite side of the room that controls the AV side of things, but I suspect it'd be too much for some here to bear.

Great kit
Great room

Thanks Bob. If you're ever in Suffolk you'd be very welcome to have a listen and a piece of cake.

sure it sounds great and surely it is up to people how they spend their money , if you can afford a top notch naim system , why not go for it !

You got that right. What people do with their hard earned money is entirely in their own discretion. I remember when I purchased the Krell Evolution system some people thought that I was crazy to spend that kind of money, which almost the same price of a house in some other countries. But, I'm glad I did as it turns out to be the best investment I've ever made so far....:)
gi.mpl

What's in the rest of your system Suhian?

gi.mpl

Here's the rest of my system...

1. Krell Evolution 402 power amp and Krell Evolution 202 preamp
2. Audio Research CD3 MKII CD player with Genesis digital lense and Yulong DSD DAC for streaming
3. VPI TNT 5 turntable, SME IV tonearm, BenzMicro L04 low output MC cartridge and Ayre P-5XE phono stage
4. Totem Shaman speakers
5. Philips AH673 FM tuner, Revox PR99 MKII RTR, Revox B215 and Nakamichi RX 505 cassette decks
6. MIT MH 770 twin terminators, Nordost Valhalla, NBS and Transparent Audio Ultra speaker cables.
7. Krell Cast cable, Transparent Audio Ultra XLR, MIT Proline Reference XLR, NBS Serpent XLR, Cardas Golden 5C Hexlink RCA interconnects and Madrigal, Tara Labs and Kimber digital cables

And recently just upgraded my turntable by replacing the old motor to VPI 300 RPM Single Flywheel motor. see the photo below...

gi.mpl

Wow! That's a formidable looking system suhian. Bet you get lots of listening pleasure from it.

Wow! That's a formidable looking system suhian. Bet you get lots of listening pleasure from it.

Thanks Tony. I love to listen to all kinds of music and I mostly treasured the ones that nurture my well being. Listening to music is a habit forming as I find myself listening to my favorite tunes while decompressing after a hectic day from work.

Just lately, I have been enjoying some of my 15 IPS speed jazz and folks reel to reel recording collections and 1970's classic rock cassette recording collections.

gi.mpl

14310280_810155415786850_4064728144169602638_o.jpg

Not mine but lovely looking Sugden setup.

Does anyone recognise the loudspeakers?

I only recognise the Sugdens! What is the multi-layered record deck? Why is there a small speaker in the middle (I assume there must be a projection screen somewhere for AV use)?

@Merlin: Personally I couldn't imagine a worse pairing as Sugden with T+A Speakers.
Also the room is far to small, typical Highend user.
Much money, but most of the times no clue about room treatment and physiclaws.
This may sound rude but its true.

@Merlin: Personally I couldn't imagine a worse pairing as Sugden with T+A Speakers.
Also the room is far to small, typical Highend user.
Much money, but most of the times no clue about room treatment and physiclaws.
This may sound rude but its true.
So how do you know the size of the room? How do you define a "typical Highend (sic) user"? Yes, rude and ignorant.

Current rig...a real dog's breakfast of brands, but the overall result is crazy fun! VPI turntable, Koetsu or modified Denon 103, 47 Labs Phonocube, Naim Nait 2 and a pair of Elac 310ce micro-speakers.

Surprisingly, the Nait has no problems driving the Elacs, as long as levels remain reasonable.

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

Waxxy, what a fantastic looking system and room. Occasionally there are systems shown on here that I would love to hear and yours certainly falls into that category. Anybody with an answer to the mysterious layer cake tt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back