advertisement

System Pics 2016 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and how's your neck after looking up at it for any length of time?

Now that wouldn't be good would it, the sofa is only used when listening to headphones and the rare occasion we have visitors. Me and my wife have our recliners either side of where I stood to take photo. Sofa gets pulled out and reclines with a footstool, please don't worry about comfort, Stressless make some of the most comfortable chairs in existence!

Now that wouldn't be good would it, the sofa is only used when listening to headphones and the rare occasion we have visitors. Me and my wife have our recliners either side of where I stood to take photo. Sofa gets pulled out and reclines with a footstool, please don't worry about comfort, Stressless make some of the most comfortable chairs in existence!

I couldn't agree more about Ekornes Stressless, I bought a Mayfair two seater sofa last weekend and it's superb seating for listening to music or watching TV. The main problem is keeping awake!

I really hope you never need a repair, I eventually threw my 2 - 2 sweaters out as nobody could get the parts to fix them.

I did need a repair Dougie, phoned Stressless and had an engineer out who replaced parts free of charge at no cost, even though it was out of warranty. The service couldn't have been better.

Lucky you, certainly not the service I received, honestly I preferred them to what I have now, but as I said I couldn't get them fixed, so I binned them.

Gone are the b&w cm10s2 and in are the Paradigm 85F, a much more involving and powerful sound for me. Also, just got the Rega RP8 last week :D

DSC_0985_zpscv43un8v.jpg

DSC_0987_zpsbjzhk6y4.jpg

Nice decks. Speaking of which, I've been enjoying my recently fully restored, recapped and recalibrated Revox PR99 MKII RTR and Revox B215 Cassette deck lately.

gi.mpl
(Not linked)

Fabulous ;) Ill have to fix up my PR99 MK2 as yours looks stunning :cool:

Alan

My Naim Active system with Chord QBD76HDSD DAC & Melco N1Z player.

SYSTEM-1.jpg

DBLs are still guvn'r speakers. I haven't heard them for a good few years. Some will not believe me, I used them to show the importance of getting your cables the right way round. I would turn the CD cable round and the listener would ask what I'd done to the sound. Often it would be the vocals sitting back in the mix or similar would be the comment.

Fabulous ;) Ill have to fix up my PR99 MK2 as yours looks stunning :cool:

Alan

I'm quite lucky that I found a local exclusive Revox/Studer reel to reel service tech who was kind enough to fit me into his schedule to restore it to its original specs. The restoration project includes recapping, relapping the heads, replace the parts with OEM parts, which need replacing and recalibrated the record and playback for 15IPS speed.

Insofar, I'm very happy with the results and worth every penny that I spent on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back