advertisement

System Pics 2016 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly wouldn't give a fig about what Purite Audio says, that's for sure.

Here is a picture of his dem room. Notice the absence of a rug, and the presence of a large amount of bay window glass behind the speakers. Not to mention the speakers hard against side walls.

To be fair to Keith I suppose, looking at the photo, a rug or somesuch isn't an outrageous suggestion. The room's actually quite long and very benign. Walls made out of oak beams, hazel sticks, straw, & cowsh*t. Here's a photo of the whole room -
lounge-1.jpg

I can just imagine how boring it must be for you; living in a house that isn't even made with modern bricks and mortar, has no carpets or rugs, has nooks and crannies to be filled with stuff or nothing at all as the case may be, and has a TV and hifi way way up there at the far end of the house. If you want to live in a tenement flat in Glasgow, I'll do you a real solid and swap free of charge.

Seriously though, you've got a superb home and are living the dream... or your wife's dream! :D

DBLs are still guvn'r speakers. I haven't heard them for a good few years. Some will not believe me, I used them to show the importance of getting your cables the right way round. I would turn the CD cable round and the listener would ask what I'd done to the sound. Often it would be the vocals sitting back in the mix or similar would be the comment.
WOW

To be fair to Keith I suppose, looking at the photo, a rug or somesuch isn't an outrageous suggestion. The room's actually quite long and very benign. Walls made out of oak beams, hazel sticks, straw, & cowsh*t. Here's a photo of the whole room -
lounge-1.jpg

Tony

Love the color on this shot. Your Leica Q perhaps?

Re that Naim system. What the hell do all of those boxes do? I think I count 15.

At a guess 3x stereo amplifiers, 3x active crossovers with 3x matching power supplies, a two box cd player, a preamp with powersupply and smaller powersupply for the non-audio sections of the preamp. Is that 14? Must have missed something! Headphone amp?

The power amps are each in two boxes but you only need the one active crossover with its own power supply.

At a guess 3x stereo amplifiers, 3x active crossovers with 3x matching power supplies, a two box cd player, a preamp with powersupply and smaller powersupply for the non-audio sections of the preamp. Is that 14? Must have missed something! Headphone amp?
One preamp with PS, three power amps with PS', SNAXO crossover with Supercap PS, Melco disk server, Chord DAC, Radikal supply for LP12. There's also a DIY USB to SPDIF convertor and a DIY Twisted Pear Buffalo DAC, neither of the latter two in use at the moment.

I could show you the stack on the opposite side of the room that controls the AV side of things, but I suspect it'd be too much for some here to bear.

One preamp with PS, three power amps with PS', SNAXO crossover with Supercap PS, Melco disk server, Chord DAC, Radikal supply for LP12. There's also a DIY USB to SPDIF convertor and a DIY Twisted Pear Buffalo DAC, neither of the latter two in use at the moment.

I could show you the stack on the opposite side of the room that controls the AV side of things, but I suspect it'd be too much for some here to bear.

Go on Tony, there are just as many who would love to see it. I'd love enough room and money to have whatever I wanted, I can't but enjoy the fact that other people can.

Cheers BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back