advertisement

System Pics 2016 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't recognise DH - as an occasional customer I assumed the poster was something to do with Big Audio Dynamite!

Very much DH!

PS As a record dealer I've ended up with a fair stack of posters, booklets, inserts etc from vinyl that has been in too poor condition to sell. I keep them to complete copies that come in that are tidy but may be missing something, but sometimes, as in this case, I can't remember what album it was from (I later figured out it is some greatest hits type thing), but it looks far better on my wall, so that's where it is.

I've always used a Tom Robinson Band poster on display a benchmark indicator of record shop excellence.

Having seriously valuable vinyl (wide-band deep-groove SXL, silver-blue SAX, 1st press of the Slider, Who's Next etc) nailed to the wall makes me giggle. Obviously not of a sellable condition, but not the random crap one sees in most shops!

It's the 80s calling. They'd like their 'benchmark' back.

:-D 1988/9 was the last time I regularly hung around in a local rl record shop.

PS This is the noughties calling. They'd like their joke back. (you swine!)

Nice decks. Speaking of which, I've been enjoying my recently fully restored, recapped and recalibrated Revox PR99 MKII RTR and Revox B215 Cassette deck lately.

gi.mpl
(Not linked)

look out -- an Ikea Corras sighting! oh, how i wish i had bought two more shelves for mine, back in the day. (or bought two additional units, kept the shelves, and chucked everything else.)

I spent years looking for Corras shelves in that section at the end of Ikea where they keep all the spare bits they've got left over. Never had any luck.

I spent years looking for Corras shelves in that section at the end of Ikea where they keep all the spare bits they've got left over. Never had any luck.

You can pick them up on ebay if you are prepared to travel a bit, or lucky enough to find local. I bought some via that route.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
My old Rega R9s are back, along with an Apollo, just a Cursa and Maia/Exon to complete the set.... curently using an excellent modified Quad 405.

Thanks, these are my second pair, well I was lucky to be able to buy them back after selling.

Really exceptional speakers and very underated IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back