advertisement

Naim Nait 50

The Naim importer in the U.S. does not answer or return phone calls.

That's a big 'no thanks' on me buying or owning Naim gear.

I understand your point here in some respects, however I found a dealer up near Chicago, Next Level HiFi, the owner, Tyler Mueller has been fantastic, and always gets back with me on my questions very promptly. I have only purchased three items from him over the course of the last 10 or so years, yet I get treated like a very routine customer. I appreciate it very much.

To me, a good dealer generally trumps the importer/distributor most of the time.

Is that a brushed alloy front panel now?, looks a lot more classy.

No idea but seen it in Munich in flesh aside a Atom, to be honest the Nait 50 looked dated big time, maybe because they were placed that close or simply the Atom is a very cool looking box.

I do like the original Naits, CB 2 being my fave, they were just really good up until Nait 3 arrived - not that thats bad, just very different, build and sound.

Looked dated.....lolol

Jeez that's what it's about man .And if folk like that ,what of it . Value is a personal perseption also ,no one has the right to spout off to others that it's overpriced .The market decides that .If it sells out it is not overpriced for those who decided they wanted it .

I wonder about the priorities in life of some folk on here getting screwed up over a bloody lump of electronics . Like it ,buy it , or ....

I wonder about the priorities in life of some folk on here getting screwed up over a bloody lump of electronics . Like it ,buy it , or ....
I wonder about the priorities in life of some folk on here getting screwed up over people who observe something is overpriced, and say they don’t have the right to their opinion. :rolleyes:

Unsure why people with an amp already are buying this when then could put the money towards a better, single amp... That's not naim obviously

Looked dated.....lolol

Jeez that's what it's about man .And if folk like that ,what of it . Value is a personal perseption also ,no one has the right to spout off to others that it's overpriced .The market decides that .If it sells out it is not overpriced for those who decided they wanted it .

Then what do you mean really ?

Your sentence sound a bit contradictive to me, maybe I'm wrong as English not my native.
I do agree value is a personal thing, I express my own opinion in my own post - thought that was a matter of course

Looked dated.....lolol

You’re wasting your time with him, he’s a stuck record that just enjoys getting a rise out of people. A troll in other words.

Or just get an original Nait and get it recapped etc.
Say a grand max on the bay to buy and say £300 for service and you have saved £1300.
But if you want a new one ...it's your money

Or buy a decent amp with some valves in
I can't post a vomit gif here sadly

Unsure why people with an amp already are buying this when then could put the money towards a better, single amp... That's not naim obviously

I have multiple amps because I like the variety. It’s great fun. To go even further, I tend to value this variety more than the diminishing returns from higher priced equipment.

Or buy a decent amp with some valves in

I've replaced my valve amps with a Nait 2, back 3 decades ago.
Not many valve amps are doing it for me nowadays.
EL84 based if pushed.

Even I have a dozen Naim amps, I consider myself as an ex sheep.
Whats a sheep BTW ?
Everything Naim does is fab, no matter what.
Is that blindness ?

No idea but seen it in Munich in flesh aside a Atom, to be honest the Nait 50 looked dated big time, maybe because they were placed that close or simply the Atom is a very cool looking box.
There's no doubt about that but where do you go if you want to bring back a classic for your anniversary? Design it with a new modern fascia? May be quite appealing to many if designed around the old electronics (with modern updates of course).

To be honest to me they seem to have made quite an effort to make it smarter without going to far away from it's heritage looks with modern choice of settings for inputs. Which seems a sensible move to make it more appealing as few would use a tape input for tape! Also gone is the integral mains cable & balance control in place of a IEC socket & headphone socket respectively which is a nice touch.

For me tho' I would've preferred the modern Naim front fascia look & junk those Din sockets since it is no longer simply called a Naim Nait!

Basically they might not have decided for this anniversary in 2021.
Or they were not ready with construction, perhaps just being busy with new Classic.
I remember the wish for a CB release were noted and supported by a former site manager some years back.
Was it Charlie Henderson ?

Indeed I remember he was very exited by the old commercials.
Maybe they will release some with CB frame at asking price of £1973 ?

5c37b9563456f0471f90a8daa5caf648285335e3.jpeg
What is the front and what is the back on that one?

They're incredibly musical little amps. If you find one, grab it.

NOT a pop at you in any way, but this word crops up all the time when describing amplifiers (and other stuff too). Musical. Hmmm.

The amplifier takes a source signal and makes it bigger, sending it to speakers. That sound being, er, music. The music is thus musical.

How is an amplifier musical or not when every single one of the f^ckers amplifies music!

I suppose you could also say instruments are musical too. Excepting the saxophone, which is the work of Satan and pure aural evil.

advertisement

Back