advertisement

Naim Nait 50

It’s a nice gesture by Naim, but much too expensive except for the hardcore fanboys. I would never buy it without hearing it first, but some don’t seem to mind. To each their own.
One thing that the release of the Nait 50 has done, is that it has made me smile every time I listen to/look at my pristine green light Nait 1. Didn’t expect that.

It’s a nice gesture by Naim, but much too expensive except for the hardcore fanboys. I would never buy it without hearing it first, but some don’t seem to mind. To each their own.
One thing that the release of the Nait 50 has done, is that it has made me smile every time I listen to/look at my pristine green light Nait 1. Didn’t expect that.

It doesn’t have any non phono stage RCA inputs and so not user friendly outside the world of Naim. It’s clearly designed for Naim fans and more likely, older Naim fans. I think Naim thinks there are at least 1973 of them.

It doesn’t have any non phono stage RCA inputs and so not user friendly outside the world of Naim. It’s clearly designed for Naim fans and more likely, older Naim fans. I think Naim thinks there are at least 1973 of them.

It has 2 standard Naim 5pin line level Aux inputs -although ones called Stream-, one simply needs a common RCA to Din cable for any phonostage RCA line output as always.

It has 2 standard Naim 5pin line level Aux inputs -although ones called Stream-, one simply needs a common RCA to Din cable for any phonostage RCA line output as always.

For people like us, yes, easy solution. It’s contrary to most if not all equipment out there and once people realize they need to spend even more money on device specific cable, they think why bother. My comment was more about whom this device is intended. If it was intended for new customers, would have had RCAs like all their other products.

Clearly not for new customers. It’s a nostalgia thing. New customers will be drawn to an Atom/Star/Nova as they are all singing/dancing easy one box solutions that sound very good.

Not for the everyone but others are very happy about it.

Clearly not for new customers. It’s a nostalgia thing. New customers will be drawn to an Atom/Star/Nova as they are all singing/dancing easy one box solutions that sound very good.

Not for the everyone but others are very happy about it.
Absolutely and a point that was made several times on this thread already but which will duly be ignored again. You can’t educate the stupid.

I have no interest in buying one of these, but would be very interested to hear one. Seems like Naim knows how to produce amps with their ‘original’ sound, based on reviews of the recent classic series amps. I’m guessing the Nait 50 will have a good dose of this original sound.

I doubt we’ll ever see any measurements, but this would be interesting as well. Not least, because the original Nait 1 measured “dirty“.(And sounds dirty).

Seems like Naim knows how to produce amps with their ‘original’ sound, based on reviews of the recent classic series amps.

I've heard the opposite - Naim seem to move further away from the "original" sound, which sort of began happening two decades ago when shift from Olive to Black Classic.
I have read many enthusiastic reviews of new classic, but also some which believe Naim are moving further away from original.

I’m guessing the Nait 50 will have a good dose of this original sound.

A good dose perhaps.
I doubt they would be able to retain the original sound massively and double the rating watt.
Current Uniti's seem to be a popular performance choice, I'd be surprised if sound signature would differ much from these.

Naim's sound signature has changed considerably over the years and a good job too. The kind of energy and tonal balance that livened up 70s analogue sources would not imo work as well with more revealing and accurate sources (both analogue and digital).

Perhaps this has been made clear over on the Naim forum, but how does one explain the following wrt this supposedly being Naim's 50th anniversary year?

From 'naim audio owners manual' (various editions through the 1980s):

Naim-Audio-have-been-manufacturing-hi-fi-electronics-in-the-cathedral-city-of-Salisbury-since-1971.png

Also, Naim's product history page has NAP160 down as having been introduced in 1971.

advertisement

Back