advertisement

Naim Nait 50

Sigh…. Naim Audio Limited was formed on 4th June 1973, from company records at Companies House… or are HMRC wrong too? :rolleyes:

Yes but Naim existed as a business prior to that.
Not as Naim Audio Limited they didn’t which was my point as it was alluded to a few posts ago that they had. At the end of the day if Naim want to take 1973 and the formation of the limited company as their start date then that’s really up to them. I come across lots of startups who were working on their products sometimes for years before they decided to form a commercial company and all of them consider their business start date as the inception of the commercial company even if they had made a few sales as a private entity beforehand. It’s totally logical especially from a tax perspective.

I haven't seen any pre '73 flyers but wasn't the NAB300 from 1979?
My mistake, I must have conflated that with the one they put in the loudspeakers for Capital Radio. NAS apparently, but they have this down as 1973. Perhaps they felt it was time to incorporate as a limited company in order to supply Capital, else risk being on Capital's books when HM's auditors came round (and/or risk personal liability when the amps eventually blew up :D).

Not as Naim Audio Limited they didn’t which was my point as it was alluded to a few posts ago that they had. At the end of the day if Naim want to take 1973 and the formation of the limited company as their start date then that’s really up to them. I come across lots of startups who were working on their products sometimes for years before they decided to form a commercial company and all of them consider their business start date as the inception of the commercial company even if they had made a few sales as a private entity beforehand. It’s totally logical especially from a tax perspective.

I don't think anyone is arguing with using date of incorporation - makes sense to me. The discussion was just about what went on before.

Basically they might not have decided for this anniversary in 2021.
Or they were not ready with construction, perhaps just being busy with new Classic.
I remember the wish for a CB release were noted and supported by a former site manager some years back.
Was it Charlie Henderson ?

Indeed I remember he was very exited by the old commercials.
Maybe they will release some with CB frame at asking price of £1973 ?

5c37b9563456f0471f90a8daa5caf648285335e3.jpeg

I haven't !
It's my Birthday next week fingers crossed . Apollo R arrived this week , Iso acoustics pucks ordered today . Spendor S3's connected , excited !

Anyone want a pair of Acoustic Energy Aegis Compacts in white with matching AE wall brackets ?

I've owned Rega CD players in the past , original Planet and Jupiter transport with Io dac both with Naim amplification and yes you are right to say I will need phono to Din cables since unlike other recent Naim amps the Nait 50 only has a phono plug input for the MM input and two Din inputs . I have Chord Chrysalis phono to Din cables in my spares box .

But thanksfor thinking of me it would be very disappointing to unbox my Nait 50 only to find I can't plug in the CD player

Late to the party, apologies, but just saw a story on the 50 here in the US. Saw the pic, thought it looked great. Thought process then went "for old times sake, I'll get one in memory of my long-sold Nait 1, bought new Jeffries Hi-fi Brighton June 1985, 224 pounds (recently up from 199!)". Then saw the US price... 3699 dollars! WTF?

Then saw the US price... 3699 dollars!

Doesn't seem to bother the sheep brigade
According to the other place they order it massively.
Indeed after a employee told it will sound like a SN3 :eek:

It may be limited and to be collectors item, but I hardly believe it will perform much different to their Atom Uniti.
I'd be curious about this, but most likely never going to hear it, number to reach my country is likely below 5pc.

Is there a single component inside out which also was fitted on the original Nait ?
Hardly.

I do have a an RCA to Din connector somewhere, a flashback version. It's hardly a big deal or expense. I will put it in classifieds for a nominal sum when I can be bothered.

The Naim importer in the U.S. does not answer or return phone calls.

That's a big 'no thanks' on me buying or owning Naim gear.

advertisement

Back