advertisement

Naim Nait 50

It’s cool, but it’s expensive (as expected). I think competition will be tough on sonic grounds at that price… I suppose that’s irrelevant to its target demographic.

What I was hoping to see was an update of the Nait 5i with a DAC and phono stage built in at the £1500 mark, I’d definitely welcome that… love my Nait 5i, love the simplicity of the system it resides in, but I’d love it more if I could lose the external boxes and just have the amp and CD player in the rack.

Ha, ha, I await a thread in 6 months time about how many of them are unsold etc.

It looks a bit spendy to me but is a lovely thing.

Get an Io instead and spend the remaining £2.2k on a nice trip?

It looks nice and will appeal to certain Audiophiles but why so expensive?

Perhaps the tooling explains some of it but I can't help thinking they are cashing in on this.

The bleating will come from the other crowd. No point being bitter if you can't afford one;)

I think it will do well as it looks cool. I think they should do a half box pre-amp with balanced outputs for around the same price, a matching DAC would also be a winner also.

You think?

Yee I know. I was trying to be kind. - Not a Naim 'hater' either but that is a lot of cash for a simple low power integrated, Ltd edition or not especially when Rega can make a similar UK built integrated (with RC) for a fraction of it.

Still, it looks cool as others have said and perhaps will keep its value reasonably well.

I speak from experience, tooling is very, very costly. And that has to funded by the final cost of the product.

I doubt hey need any significant new tooling. The case is the same shoebox one they use currently, PCB's can be made up very cheaply these days so the only thing hey might need to get tooling for are the buttons and knob.

It's certainly overpriced for what it is, but what price nostalgia?

There are some nice internal/gut shots of the amp over on the green forum. I like it, looks good, and I would love one, but not at that price I don't think! I'd rather have a nice minty original one that has been serviced anyway.

I doubt hey need any significant new tooling. The case is the same shoebox one they use currently, PCB's can be made up very cheaply these days so the only thing hey might need to get tooling for are the buttons and knob.

It's certainly overpriced for what it is, but what price nostalgia?
What current NAIM products use the same case as the NAIT50?

There are some nice internal/gut shots of the amp over on the green forum. I like it, looks good, and I would love one, but not at that price I don't think! I'd rather have a nice minty original one that has been serviced anyway.

Link?

advertisement

Back