advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Willian might join the Arses for free. It's a shame he isn't going abroad. I can imagine him at Barca. Apparently he's had four offers. He's 31 and a new three year contract is obviously a step too far for Chelsea. https://metro

Eight players are being put up for sale at Stamford Bridge. They include N'Golo Kante, Christensen, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Emerson Palmieri, Michy Batshuayi and Marcos Alonso.

It's sad that Alonso is going. His defending can be slapdash, but he's great going down the wing, although getting a bit slower. Kante has had a dodgy season due to injuries and will be missed.

If Frank Lampard can get a decent defender and world class replacement for Kepa, Chelsea could do pretty well next season. Leicester and England's Ben Chilwell is a possibility, if Chelsea make him the most expensive defender in the UK.

I don't expect great things at the Bayern game on Saturday. Chelsea have been pulled up lame through the hamstring injuries of Azpilecueta and Pulisic.

Ho hum ...

Jack

Eight players are being put up for sale at Stamford Bridge. They include N'Golo Kante, Christensen, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Emerson Palmieri, Michy Batshuayi and Marcos Alonso.

Ho hum ...

Jack
All of those would walk into the Newcastle side. And none of them likely will.

Ho hum... ;)

Like many Chelsea fans I'd like Willian to stay but if he goes I don't think he'll need replacing.

I think he plays a quite a useful role for Chelsea and will be missed. For one, as Frank says, he tracks back.

United are about to spend another 90m-odd with Dortmund. Maybe Hudson-Odoi next?

That’s quite a clear out planned at Chelsea, Kante & Willian aside, few would get into the top teams as defenders atm, it might take a few transfer windows for Chelsea to sort the spine out & challenge at the very top table again... interesting times

Hmmm, rumour has it that they are after Dunk.

We have too many centre backs at the moment but hands off our captain.

Having enjoyed the Championship highlights on Quest more than MOTD several times, I look forward to seeing Mitrovic playing in the presence of VAR next season. :rolleyes:

He promises a lot but as yet has delivered very little.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out next season as I don't see him as anything other than a squad player at Chelsea.
I think the club panicked last season when Bayern came knocking - he's now on silly money for a kid who's basically still learning his trade.

Yes, agree with that. Maybe he needs more time though. Anyway, Ole now has 4 other transfer targets in mind - spray and prey.

One of the most expensive ticket prices in the premier league.
And they are so badly run they do this.
“Proper club” my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back