advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks.234

Half way to Infinity
Pathetic Batshuayi has missed another open goal. Can't wait until Chelsea sell him.

Jack
The whole team were a bit shit.

In the last two games we’ve had at least a million corners and I can’t remember us getting a chance from any of them. Arsenal’s equaliser came from a corner. Arsenal, of course, got a head to the ball first and we were immediately outnumbered. How? How tf does a team with 11 players get outnumbered by a team with 10?

God I need a cat to kick. Though if I had a blue shirt on I’d probably miss

Last edited:
I left on 92 minutes, not sure how pissed off I am yet or who with.

Never EVER leave before the final whistle.

I was visiting a mate who was at Birmingham University. We went to see a game at one of the clubs (I can't even remember which one!) It was dull, dreadfully dull. We left with a few minutes to go, while waiting at the bus stop we heard two cheers go up so 2-0.

No matter how bad the performance is I always stay until the bitter end.

Never EVER leave before the final whistle.

I was visiting a mate who was at Birmingham University. We went to see a game at one of the clubs (I can't even remember which one!) It was dull, dreadfully dull. We left with a few minutes to go, while waiting at the bus stop we heard two cheers go up so 2-0.

No matter how bad the performance is I always stay until the bitter end.
Yes, it’s lazy of me, midweek I get the bus to the city centre rather walk down to the Merseyrail station. I’d never left early before Benfica went 4-0 up in Lisbon 2009 ( I’ve done it a few times since then :().

Which end?

Arse - 2 shots, 2 goals - excellent, May even finish top half. Tie Martinelli to 20 year contract now!

Belief starting to emerge. Not so much 'if' we win the league now but rather by how big a margin.....its got to be worth a £20 punt on a 30 pt gap ;-)

Belief starting to emerge. Not so much 'if' we win the league now but rather by how big a margin.....its got to be worth a £20 punt on a 30 pt gap ;-)

This will depend on how many fronts you're fighting on come the final 6 weeks of the season. Will Klipperty use the points buffer as an excuse to rest the big guns for important Champions League matches?

This will depend on how many fronts you're fighting on come the final 6 weeks of the season. Will Klipperty use the points buffer as an excuse to rest the big guns for important Champions League matches?
Always a possibility but worth a few quid I reckon.

Lejeune 90+4, 90+5.
An overhead kick followed by a bicycle kick less than 1 minute later
Extraordinary.
Two shots on target. Ruthless efficiency. :D:rolleyes:
"Luckiest team alive."
Much hilarity here:
https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=104055.250

2-nil down, Bruce brings on three defenders and we draw 2-2.
It’s always a good thing when an arrogant, smug individual such as Picknose comes a cropper. Great positioning 3 feet behind the goal line for the equaliser. :D I reckon Anchovie will bin him in the summer. He always drops a gaff against noocarsel because he behaves like an idiotic kid. No way is Picknose the best English keeper, there’s a better one in the Championship right now let alone in the Premier League.

One point for every year you've been waiting since the last time.;)
92 years since we won it, so 30 isn’t even a dog watch.

I doubt there will be change, maybe at the end of the season, but it depends on what the Glazers are planning on doing. Personally, I think the owners are rinsing every last penny out of the club, before they sell up. The money train, without serious, sensible investment, is over. The huge revenue made by the club has papered over the poor signings in the past, and stupid money thrown at wages that leaves us with players United can't move on, unless they take the hit like City did when climbing the ladder. Now all these chickens are coming home to roost, and the damage inflicted by them will take a good while to correct. There's a good example of this up the road at Liverpool, where Hicks and Gillette were rinsing Liverpool, but they eventually got shot of them, and slowly but surely started to move in the right direction, and they are now reaping the rewards.. nothing changes until the Glazers go.

I doubt there will be change, maybe at the end of the season, but it depends on what the Glazers are planning on doing. Personally, I think the owners are rinsing every last penny out of the club, before they sell up. The money train, without serious, sensible investment, is over. The huge revenue made by the club has papered over the poor signings in the past, and stupid money thrown at wages that leaves us with players United can't move on, unless they take the hit like City did when climbing the ladder. Now all these chickens are coming home to roost, and the damage inflicted by them will take a good while to correct. There's a good example of this up the road at Liverpool, where Hicks and Gillette were rinsing Liverpool, but they eventually got shot of them, and slowly but surely started to move in the right direction, and they are now reaping the rewards.. nothing changes until the Glazers go.

From the outside, looking in, I cannot see that the Glazers are the main problem. Yes, they might be in it for their own money making, but they have backed all their managers with major funds and signings. In the main, the management of the decisions made since Sir Alex Ferguson left has been poor - the Board must take their share of that blame. It seemed to me in that period after SAF, that the purse strings were loosened too much to sign average or players who did not fit the Team mould and the wages went through the roof. Instead of looking for the long term, they have looked to spend big on short term fixes and paper over the cracks. Man U have had the money, it's what they have done with it that is the problem. Whilst I think the appointment of Solskjær was worth a punt, the club were too quick to make a permanent appointment, especially when they could have waited until the summer to fully evaluate the situation. That is poor management by the Board. They would have found out then that Solskjær had a big initial impact, before the dust settled and results turned and declined. Having spent funds again this summer, it looks like the best Man U can do will be another Europa league spot. That will impact on their ability to recruit top talent who will demand Champions League football. The fans want to blame someone, but they don't want to blame one of their own in Solskjær, so the Glazers are fair game again....fickle of what?

It is not down to money. It is always difficult to replace a successful manager, AF was involved right across the club & it was a big hole to fill. United have always had money but sooner or later the competition catches up with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back