advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be your best hope of a trophy this season.;)

Chelsea won the WSL in 2019/20. Shitty were runners up. It doesn't matter who they buy in, I think they're doomed. Guardiola failing once again to win TCL and being a lackey to Klopp and Liverpool is proof of that.

On the crappy Kepa front ...

"Chelsea are now understood to be close to agreeing a £25 million deal with Rennes for Mendy." https://metro

It's great to see Cech's positive influence. The Chelsea vibe is different with him and Frank Lampard on board.

Jack

Chelsea have made a very difficult decision to allow all star striker Batman to leave , yea I know you lads describe him differently-----Thanks lads or Fcuk! or even shyte

Chelsea have made a very difficult decision to allow all star striker Batman to leave , yea I know you lads describe him differently-----Thanks lads or Fcuk! or even shyte

Played well last time, good for Palace. Now see if they can injure him in training.

I suspect Frank will still be at Chelsea when Pep scuttles off to the highest bidder again.:)
Yes, I suspect, or rather I hope a lesson has been learned and that Petr Cech's appointment means a more direct line of communication between the manger and SWMBO. Hopefully there will be some decisions made at Board level that are led more by footballers that accountants. Hopefully that means that Cech and Lampard will have a longer future that recent history might suggest

He's infuriating. But he might succeed at Palace. In the box, he's great. Anywhere else, not so much. If Palace play him as a sniffer striker, and still have the players to keep feeding him, I can see him scoring a lot of goals.

When you're up against a team where you want to defend deep, play someone else

Last edited:
He's infuriating. But he might succeed at Palace. In the box, he's great. Anywhere else, not so. If Palace play him as a sniffer striker, and still have the players to keep feeding him, I can see him scoring a lot of goals.

When you're up against a team where you want to defend deep, play someone else

That’s where I’m hoping he’ll play him. Wilf can’t be relied on to finish even his own work when it requires composure. Misses too many sitters, scores the hard ones. The kind of “lethal from a yard” finisher that Benteke never was would be handy.

Listening to Trevor Sinclair defending Greenwood and Foden yesterday saying "boys will be boys" after they were granted elite athlete status to play in a style of tournament that if any of us tried to organise we'd be breaking the law and to not have to quarantine in or out of the country etc. makes me sick. The two of them should be chucked out of the England set up for at least 2 years to make others realise that behaving like a twat isn't going to be tolerated. However, of course this is football where normal rules do not apply which is why this sort of shit keeps happening!

I suspect Frank will still be at Chelsea when Pep scuttles off to the highest bidder again.:)

We all know don't we that Lord Frank will be toast will you are outside the top 4 in January. The pressures on, the way its going you will have bought a new team by the deadline, good to see that you have got a replacement for lead boots

Pep has made it clear that he will go and the board know that, the difference is that we have a successor already lined up to take over from him.

Pep has made it clear that he will go and the board know that, the difference is that we have a successor already lined up to take over from him.

I think he’ll go, I’ve read the books on his spell and Bayern, and he’s well aware of the limits of his powers and his ability to effect transformation. Who do you think the replacement would be? I’m suspecting someone young and German who will add more of a press to our game as well as the possession football that Pep has relied upon. It is I believe his weakness that he has never learnt how to counter the sort of long ball high press game that Klopp has introduced at Liverpool.

I can see this being Pep's final year. Unless he sorts out the defence, I don't see us winning the PL or CL this season. Can see the PL being a tighter race this season. Arsenal are getting better, along with Chelsea, Man Utd. Spurs don't seem to be doing much so could be well out of the picture.

I can see this being Pep's final year. Unless he sorts out the defence, I don't see us winning the PL or CL this season. Can see the PL being a tighter race this season. Arsenal are getting better, along with Chelsea, Man Utd. Spurs don't seem to be doing much so could be well out of the picture.
I'm holding fire on my predictions for the season until the the new thread starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back