advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the appeals were blasted from point blank range and couldn’t be given - the Pique one would have been given today by VAR. You didn’t address the countless wasted opportunities when it looked easier to score, he didn’t gift them their goal either?

Two of the appeals were blasted from point blank range and couldn’t be given - the Pique one would have been given today by VAR. You didn’t address the countless wasted opportunities when it looked easier to score
Of course Chelsea missed numerous chances but the thrust of my post was that they were robbed by the officials.
As you brought up the subject of the Piqué one being given today you can add the Malouda incident as another pen today under the watchful eye of VAR.

the ref stank for sure, Malouda.... didn't it start outside, the rules have changed I think?

The last time Chelsea were in Munich to play Bayern they won The Champions League in 2012. I don't expect them to beat the Germans on Saturday ... but you never know.

"Lampard is expected to be without the services of several players, with Cesar Azpilicueta, Christian Pulisic (both hamstring) and Pedro (shoulder) all having withdrawn from the FA Cup final last weekend with game-ending injuries."

Shitty have never won The Champions League and the miserable Northern glumrags won't this year.

Jack

Mmm, I have no idea really. Chelsea might have been fine without the injuries, although I don't think we would have beaten Bayern 0 - 4, which is what we need. They are quite good ... for Germans.

Jack

Well played Man City. Some lovely skill on show there. Brilliant football to watch. Playstation passing.

I don't normally bother with football these days but we have BT Sport included in our broadband for nowt.

Will certainly watch the next one though after witnessing that. Wonderful football.

Looks like City’s to lose now, surely nothing can go wrong?

Other than Lyon, Barcelona, PSG, Atletico, Atalanta, Chelsea, Napoli, Leipzig or Bayern. There are simply no shoe-ins in this competition and a lot of good fortune required. Even last night, some of the refereeing decisions missed, as always in the CL, suggest incompetence or more.

Are the Newcastle fans still fully behind the Saudi Arabian takeover? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53677869

It's fine for the UK to sell arms to Saudi, so what is the difference to them owning a Premiership Football Club. I hope I am wrong, and the apparent takeover withdrawal is to give all parties space to conclude, but the deal looks dead in the water as it stands. The Saudi's obviously wanted to save face by not forcing the Premier League to show their hand and come to a public decision. It would have been great for the region and the Premier League, another power house, but it seems not to be.

Other than Lyon, Barcelona, PSG, Atletico, Atalanta, Chelsea, Napoli, Leipzig or Bayern. There are simply no shoe-ins in this competition and a lot of good fortune required. Even last night, some of the refereeing decisions missed, as always in the CL, suggest incompetence or more.
Nice of you to include Chelsea in that list.;)
Every year the CL seems to throw up a surprise package - it could be Lyon but I have my doubts.
I'll stick with my original prediction that whoever beats Bayern will win it.

What was Varane doing last night, dreadful defending?
Auditioning for a move to Chelsea?:D
Hazard looked a shadow of the player he was at Chelsea - I don't remember him once taking his marker on.
To be fair he has been out injured for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back