advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to tell whether Arsenal are mismanaged or they are just the first out of the blocks.
Maybe they don't have access to a bottomless pit unlike some?
Easy to criticise when you have rich owners who can buy there way out of any situation.

Maybe they don't have access to a bottomless pit unlike some?
Easy to criticise when you have rich owners who can buy there way out of any situation.

No criticism intended, just wondering whether Arsenal's hierarchy mismanaged the situation (not an unheard of question with Arsenal) and whether other clubs will follow suit. It's a terrible situation, and I wouldn't want to read of other clubs having to let significant numbers of staff go at all.

PS Yes, we're rich - and in debt: a Schrodinger's fat-cat, if you will. Milan are helping us with our problem though :D

Webster old chap

I thought you were talking about your club, Chelski are going to be outspending everyone in the league over the next 2 months are they not?

We are doing well, 2 signings that should improve the squad with a couple more to come and probably 6 who will leave.

Ahhh, I obviously fell sleep during the Wolves game and dreamed the Greeks beat them. They unfortunately didn't, because the thuggish English squad kept cutting them down.

They'll be twatted out of the competition soon enough though.

Jack

Ahhh, I obviously fell sleep during the Wolves game and dreamed the Greeks beat them. They unfortunately didn't, because the thuggish English squad kept cutting them down.

They'll be twatted out of the competition soon enough though.

Jack

I thought that they are mostly Portuguese.
You’d be right, there was one alleged English thug in the Wolves team last night, the other 10 are alleged thugs from Eire, France, Spain but mostly, according to Jack, they’re alleged thugs from Portugal. if you want to include the 10 subs, you can add a Belgian and more Portuguese.

I wonder if Spanish gentlemen from Sevilla will ‘twat them out’ in the next round. Let’s hope not, I’d like to see Wolves win the competition. A 5th team of ‘English thugs’ in the Champions League will be brilliant.

The two matches tonight should prove interesting.
I expect City to go through as I think UEFA will be saving their Tom Henning Ovrebo joker card for later in the competition.
Pep knows all about such things and will be fearful - after all he was the opposition manager who benefitted on that shameful night back in 2009.

Are the Newcastle fans still fully behind the Saudi Arabian takeover? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53677869

The 106-page unproven complaint, which was filed in Washington DC, accuses the crown prince of attempting to murder Mr Jabri in order to silence him.

Mr Jabri says this is down to him possessing "damning information". The document says this includes alleged corruption and overseeing a team of personal mercenaries labelled the Tiger Squad.

Members of the Tiger Squad were involved in the murder of dissident journalist Khashoggi, who was killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in 2018, it says.

"Few places hold more sensitive, humiliating and damning information about defendant bin Salman than the mind and memory of Dr Saad - except perhaps the recordings Dr Saad made in anticipation of his killing," the document says.

"That is why defendant bin Salman wants him dead, and why defendant bin Salman has worked to achieve that objective over the last three years."

^

Of course. Why not? It would be a massive boost for the entire region, not just the football club.

The two matches tonight should prove interesting.
I expect City to go through as I think UEFA will be saving their Tom Henning Ovrebo joker card for later in the competition.
Pep knows all about such things and will be fearful - after all he was the opposition manager who benefitted on that shameful night back in 2009.

Looking at those non-pens again....most were debatable and DD did have a reputation for throwing himself to the floor. Simple fact was that the Blues should have scored a hatful and not spurned so many chances? C'est La vie

Looking at those non-pens again....most were debatable and DD did have a reputation for throwing himself to the floor. Simple fact was that the Blues should have scored a hatful and not spurned so many chances? C'est La vie
Spoken like a true red - it's not as if Drogba was having his shirt pulled or anything:) and to be fair to Piqué he only managed to get both hands to the ball;)
Nobody will ever convince me that the match wasn't fixed on the basis that UEFA couldn't stand the thought of a repeat of the previous years all English final because of course United had already reached the final the night before having beating Arsenal.
Ovrebo was given his instructions before the game to make sure Uefalona progressed - difficult to imagine I know from such a fine and upstanding establishment such as UEFA.:eek:
One thing I think we can agree on - what a stunning goal by Essien!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back