advertisement

Line of Duty

Police powers to remove cars in these circs would sadly not be applicable. The local council is the way to go...

Is this the show where the bloody camera is in out and all over the place, I tried to watch a couple as my wife is into it, but it made feel ill lol.

I can't say I've noticed that tendency any more in LOD than others. The one which really gets to me.. is the excessive use of out of focus shots..which seem to linger for ever before being brought into focus and then often not where they should be. It is cheap, annoying and any wannabe cameraman should be summarily executed for using it.
The other one which really winds me up is the 360 degree pan. Jeesus H Christ.. why?

I can't say I've noticed that tendency any more in LOD than others. The one which really gets to me.. is the excessive use of out of focus shots..which seem to linger for ever before being brought into focus and then often not where they should be. It is cheap, annoying and any wannabe cameraman should be summarily executed for using it.
The other one which really winds me up is the 360 degree pan. Jeesus H Christ.. why?

Blame it on Hill Street Blues ;)

"Hill Street Blues employed what was, at that time, a unique style of camera usage for weeknight television productions, such as filming close in with action cuts rapidly between stories. Rather than studio (floor) cameras, handhelds were used to enhance this style.[4] Overheard, off-screen dialogue aurally-augmented the "documentary" feel with respect to the filmed action of a scene"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill_Street_Blues

Perhaps in the minority but I enjoyed it, kind of what I expected from it, much more or less the writing and filming style and pace of previous LOD. I really like and rate Vicky McClure but feel her character is a bit one dimensional rather than her acting skills, I think she has shown what she is capable of in the various This is England films/ mini series.
Like a few others I'm particularly enjoying Unforgotten.

Mrs P-T has spotted that there’s something off about that new young copper. She’s certain he’s the scrote kid from a series or two back about the OCG, who applied to join the police at the end of the series.

Mrs P-T has spotted that there’s something off about that new young copper. She’s certain he’s the scrote kid from a series or two back about the OCG, who applied to join the police at the end of the series.
He joined plod at the end of the last series but goes back to series 1...

Also impressed with myself for remembering (my memory's usually rubbish).

Rightly so, and I wish my memory could be described as 'rubbish' as I remember the two characters, that I'd watched a series before but no idea when or the plot, so my memory must rank as some level below 'rubbish'. I've just watched the first (?) L of D again, and it was fresh to me, except that the characters did look younger. I s'pose there are benefits to watching repeat prog's as if for the first time.:)

Yes, an unusual ending, but probably with reason, Just watched the second Manchester Police prog. of real, recent crimes. Had no idea M'chester was called Gunchester (in the nineties?) Not exactly L of D or Unforgotten but probably more truthful and realistic.

Watched the opening episode of LoD last night, and at the scene where they divert to stop an apparent robbery at the bookie's, I thought, "Gosh, that looks familiar..." It was - it's the end of the street in Belfast where my brother lives.

advertisement

Back