advertisement

Line of Duty

I watched it on iplayer, I thought is was too theatrical by far. Too much spikey left brain emphasis, unreality.

The wife loves all this Jed Mercurio stuff. I've watched Bloodlines and The Bodyguard and found them completely implausible.

Other series of the LOD have started off stronger for sure, but as I have enjoyed all of them I'll persevere with this one. I have to say though, I am somewhat irritated by the new male character that has an accent very reminiscent of the Caddie, unless this is intentional and he turns out to be his son or something :)

Line of Duty is my absolute favourite programme.

Only annoying thing is them not putting all the episodes on IPlayer at once! It won’t stop me from watching every Sunday though!

Is this the show where the bloody camera is in out and all over the place, I tried to watch a couple as my wife is into it, but it made feel ill lol.

Line of Duty is my absolute favourite programme.

Only annoying thing is them not putting all the episodes on IPlayer at once! It won’t stop me from watching every Sunday though!
agreed , I love it . My I player does not work so I have them all on DVD

Just finished catching up with the first episode.

Have watched all series as they came out, absolute hokey the lot of them.
This one conforms to the formula pretty much from the word go:
Hammy acting - check
Wooden dialogue - check
Too many acronyms - check
Implausible scenarios - check
Overuse of meaningful glances - check
Lingering close-ups of key props - check
Heavy on foreshadowing - check
Tragic personal backgrounds of key players - check
Reference to refrigerators used by suspects - check
I could go on ...

Problem is that once hooked it's nigh on impossible to let it go - right up until the inevitable shark-jumping and totally unsatisfying finale.
We love it !!

Mainly abbreviations, I think; guess the acronyms increase more in episode 3.

I ask myself beforehand, " why am I going to watch this?", and afterward, " why did I watch that?" Then look forward to the following Sunday.

Just finished catching up with the first episode.

Have watched all series as they came out, absolute hokey the lot of them.
This one conforms to the formula pretty much from the word go:
Hammy acting - check
Wooden dialogue - check
Implausible scenarios - check
Overuse of meaningful glances - check
Lingering close-ups of key props - check
Heavy on foreshadowing - check
Tragic personal backgrounds of key players - check
Reference to refrigerators used by suspects - check
I could go on ...

Problem is that once hooked it's nigh on impossible to let it go - right up until the inevitable shark-jumping and totally unsatisfying finale.
We love it !!
I approached the new series with little enthusiasm after the ridiculous ending of the previous series. Really enjoyed it! :)

advertisement

Back