advertisement

Line of Duty

I read in my paper that this series is turning people off; partly through arcane plot twists, references to previous series long forgotten and more 'wooden' acting. Wonder if they'll finish this one off by hit and run drivers smashing into the main characters' cars, killing everything off. ;)

If they do, you can bet your life that there'll be a 'prequel' series, with younger versions of the main characters.

Watched the opening episode of LoD last night, and at the scene where they divert to stop an apparent robbery at the bookie's, I thought, "Gosh, that looks familiar..." It was - it's the end of the street in Belfast where my brother lives.
I tend to watch each episode with an eye on the background, to see if I can spot where it was filmed. I had to resort to Google maps to find out where the shops were you're talking about as I'm not from that side of town.

It's all enjoyable nonsense. But this series has kicked off well. Save for the robbery in E1. Hopefully armed police know better than to stand either side of a group of suspects, pointing their weapons at them ... and each other.

I tend to watch each episode with an eye on the background, to see if I can spot where it was filmed. I had to resort to Google maps to find out where the shops were you're talking about as I'm not from that side of town.
Where Sunningdale Park meets the Cavehill Road. The convoy diverts along the Ballysillan Road and comes down Cooldarragh Park (where Norman McNeilly, headmaster of the Model when I went there, used to live).

Where Sunningdale Park meets the Cavehill Road. The convoy diverts along the Ballysillan Road and comes down Cooldarragh Park (where Norman McNeilly, headmaster of the Model when I went there, used to live).
I found it on Google street view. I had to 'go' up the Cavehill Rd from the Antrim Road end until I found the row of shops at Sunningdale Park. Funnily enough I noticed a guy I worked with standing at a bus stop on the Cavehill Rd!

I read in my paper that this series is turning people off; partly through arcane plot twists, references to previous series long forgotten and more 'wooden' acting.

So pretty much on a par with every other series of LoD bar the first

Wonder if they'll finish this one off by hit and run drivers smashing into the main characters' cars, killing everything off. ;)

They've pulled more outlandish and totally implausible stunts - viz 'Urgent Exit Required' o_O

advertisement

Back