advertisement

Line of Duty

Is this the show where the bloody camera is in out and all over the place, I tried to watch a couple as my wife is into it, but it made feel ill lol.

Actually, I don't find it too bad on that score.
But that's comparing it to the pinnacle of motion sickness inducing camera wobble that was Tony Garnett's The Cops from the late nineties.
Incidentally one of the best TV cop drama series of all time IMV - certainly leaves LoD as a bloody pulp gasping for breath in the corner of a squalid custody suite ;)

Last edited:
I do often think I’ve missed a later career opportunity doing tech advising on some of these...:rolleyes:

One of the TAs to LoD used to contribute to Guardian BtL threads on each series. He got well PdO with the constant abuse and did an EE ;)

One of the TAs to LoD used to contribute to Guardian BtL threads on each series. He got well PdO with the constant abuse and did an EE ;)

Is this the tiny beginnings of a language comprising only acronyms and abbreviations, inspired by L of D., by any chance?:D

Bloodlands really was poor, Nesbitt has lost the ability to act post hair transplant.

Unforgotten is really good but it would be far less compelling without Nicola Walker who is amazing.

After enduring Bloodlands I was shocked to hear another series announced after the final episode, absolute shite.

For it's faults I enjoy Line of Duty, it's better than 99% of the fodder offered up on Terrestrial TV.

Cheers BB

Of course, The Wire set the bar much higher when it came to introducing more abbreviations/acronyms/slang into the lexicon. LoD is rather pedestrian in comparison.

Can’t imagine George using an acronym - I don’t think they’d been invented at that time actually!

could do with you andrew in my battle with dumped cars !! dvla are just trash, they do absolutely zilch , dont know why we bother paying to tax cars or mot them . no one bothers in many parts

could do with you andrew in my battle with dumped cars !! dvla are just trash, they do absolutely zilch , dont know why we bother paying to tax cars or mot them . no one bothers in many parts

Have you tried your local council Phil? Someone left a car in our street for 3 months and 2 of the tires went down. I twice reported it to DVLA as it was untaxed, they did nothing. Reported it to our council’s abandoned vehicle department via email, they traced the owner and it was gone 3 days after first contact.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back