advertisement

Line of Duty

ah used to love the bill !! some scenes filmed where i used to live and shared a flat with a chap who advised several episodes for the bill

The whole lot of it has been wooden acting and dodgy scripts from the start, I don't get the hype. I'll let the young bloke off with his acting as it must take some effort to act with an accent.

I thought it was all Brum based.

series 1 is brum and Edgbaston , the school featured is the priory where DC gates paid for his kids to go [ or someone else did]

https://www.prioryschool.net/

and some scenes around old fire station in lancaster circus , series 2-6 filmed in NI

I wasn't criticising it from a Police technical POV, I've no idea how it stands up there nor really care as I don't expect shows like that to nail authenticity to the process as in reality it would then become tediously boring.

From an acting and scripting POV though it's not exactly The Wire is it? The way people drone on about it it's like Tinker Tailor or something, it's barely any better than The Bill lol.
The Bill was quite good in the halcyon days

I wasn't criticising it from a Police technical POV, I've no idea how it stands up there nor really care as I don't expect shows like that to nail authenticity to the process as in reality it would then become tediously boring.

From an acting and scripting POV though it's not exactly The Wire is it? The way people drone on about it it's like Tinker Tailor or something, it's barely any better than The Bill lol.

Well don't watch it then, it's that simple! However, if you could let the rest of us enjoy it that would be great, thanks :D

Birkenhead - the one-eyed city', as my mother used to say.

I remember Birkenhead (in the 70s/80s); across the river from L'pool. Bit of a non-event as a shopping centre as I remember. Not exactly prepossessing in the suburbs I drove through either. Surely can't be a city; one-eyed or not.

I remember Birkenhead (in the 70s/80s); across the river from L'pool. Bit of a non-event as a shopping centre as I remember. Not exactly prepossessing in the suburbs I drove through either. Surely can't be a city; one-eyed or not.

No, it's not a city. My mother had the usual Liverpudlian disdain for its 'over-the-water' neighbour, and 'city' was used sarcastically.

I went to school there, but moved away getting on for 50 years ago. Just before I retired, I was chatting to a bloke who had himself recently moved away, and asked him how the place was getting on. 'Oh, it's gone all posh now. They've even got a farmers' market'.

Well don't watch it then, it's that simple! However, if you could let the rest of us enjoy it that would be great, thanks :D
I didn't realise this was a Line of Duty fan thread, the observations are justified given the hype but each to his own, you can even cosplay it up if you so wish, truncheon in hand, saying "cheers Guv" to the missus and everything ;-)

I didn't realise this was a Line of Duty fan thread, the observations are justified given the hype but each to his own, you can even cosplay it up if you so wish, truncheon in hand, saying "cheers Guv" to the missus and everything ;-)

Chill man, it was meant light heartedly hence the smiley.

I don't watch it, I started watching from the beginning based on the hype but had to give up.

The acting was like watching a kids program, the worst bit that grates is the constant explaining the situation in simple terms when a new piece of evidence is uncovered, like we're all too thick to understand it's relevance.

I don't watch it, I started watching from the beginning based on the hype but had to give up.

The acting was like watching a kids program, the worst bit that grates is the constant explaining the situation in simple terms when a new piece of evidence is uncovered, like we're all too thick to understand it's relevance.

I guess some of us might be, but we can't all be a genius.... I mean some of us might not know that the it's in your above sentence shouldn't have an apostrophe, then again some of us might ;)

Last edited:
I've enjoyed it for years, but do find the dialogue clunky at times. I'm enjoying Unforgotten over on ITV more then LoD; better writing and acting imho. Both however are preferable to the godawful Bloodlands / James Nesbitt thing a few weeks back.

I've enjoyed it for years, but do find the dialogue clunky at times. I'm enjoying Unforgotten over on ITV more then LoD; better writing and acting imho. Both however are preferable to the godawful Bloodlands / James Nesbitt thing a few weeks back.
Bloodlands really was poor, Nesbitt has lost the ability to act post hair transplant.

Unforgotten is really good but it would be far less compelling without Nicola Walker who is amazing.

advertisement

Back