advertisement

Line of Duty

The best part of this Line of Duty were some of Hasting's lines, apart from that it was all a bit drab. I hope they don't make another series.

I think it’s an efficient B movie type of series. It dispenses with dialogue really to focus on action and audience manipulation. In this respect, it is well done and it is understandable that it has a popular following!

First series still my favourite. I assumed this was because it was fresh at the time, but having binge-watched all 5 series a couple of months ago to refresh my memory, I stand by my opinion; there's an edginess to the first series that was never matched in the subsequent ones and the plot was solid. Lennie James also does a great job portraying Tony Gates. Compare that to the ropey acting of Adrian Dunbar that seems to inexplicably worsen with each passing series to the point that it's almost become a parody. It does make me chuckle though!

182076983_4058664880861640_5621069101868533428_n.jpg

I can’t pretend to have an intelligent take on it. I just enjoy it as the hour I watch telly each day and its been fun. However, Hastings blunting out his confession to herself was stretching even my suspended reality...
We recorded it over the seven weeks and then watched an episode per night for a week. It’s been a nightmare avoiding the, to us, spoilers every day in the papers. We need to reboot our viewing habits methinks.

First series still my favourite. I assumed this was because it was fresh at the time, but having binge-watched all 5 series a couple of months ago to refresh my memory, I stand by my opinion; there's an edginess to the first series that was never matched in the subsequent ones and the plot was solid. Lennie James also does a great job portraying Tony Gates. Compare that to the ropey acting of Adrian Dunbar that seems to inexplicably worsen with each passing series to the point that it's almost become a parody. It does make me chuckle though!
yes love the first series . Tony gates is brill and filmed in one of the best places in Brum hence edge...before everything

advertisement

Back