Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas Wine II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Dogberry, Nov 27, 2020.

1. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Page 3 rescue post à la MB: had to have another Musar after the wobble last week. Son's birthday today gave the excuse. Pleased, and relieved, to report the Musar last week was an aberration.

2. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Dogberry likes this.
  3. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

[​IMG]

Perrin Ventoux 2019. Absurdly good for the <5€ I paid. I’ll never see that price again. No matter, still 13 left. Lovely, horribly moreish and very difficult to stop at half a bottle. I failed. Never mind, I managed all the major scales today so I deserved a treat. And it’s Sunday tomorrow. (Not that it makes any difference to an OAP, but cut me a little slack...)

4. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Gaston is looking trés raffiné or is it rakish.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  5. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Saint-Pourçain AOC , supposed to be one of the oldest wine growing areas in France .I'm struggling to understand where it is.Is it Rhone department?
    Anyway I love the mix gamay/pinot noir pleasant enough with some lunchtime pasta.£7.95 from TWS
    prolly 3-4euros in France.
    Just had two bottles now finished which is just as well with the imminent arrival of le Ronsay '21 which
    surely will take over as a go to.£9.95 outrageous bargain at TWS.

[​IMG]

6. Marchbanks

Every home should have one.

[​IMG]

Dogberry likes this.
  7. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

Where did you get it?

8. Marchbanks

9. Marchbanks

100,000 views... that must be worthy of a celebration. Cheers!

10. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Chin chin!

11. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

I'm clearly not very good at internet ordering, three bottles of wine arrived at full price, instead of the dozen I was expecting with a 25% discount. It has been sorted out with a call to Sainsburys but I feel a bit disappointed and somehow badly treated -- it's one thing not to be able to supply the order, but why didn't they contact me and discuss it? Instead it's for me to phone them and hang on till I'm put through to someone in the "refunds team."

I'm turning into a grumpy git -- I'm in the right place obviously. I must be learning from xxxxxx. (You can fill it in.)

Perfect. I have a really good frame which needs a picture and it will fit. I just need to find a place for it.

12. Marchbanks

[​IMG]

Syrah tonight, please, Gaston, I said. He whizzed through CT, smiled and beetled off to the cellar. There was a lot of Gallic swearing. Eventually he emerged and gave me a long stare. When I saw the bottle I understood. It had been in an unopened box of six about four boxes from easy reach.

I’m glad he persevered, though. I probably wouldn’t have considered this for a year or two, and it’s rather good. Delas are vignerons-négociants and a little coy about how many of their own grapes make it into a bottle, but no matter. Still young, fairly tannic, a reasonable amount of oak and most definitely lots of Syrah. Good choice, mon ami, I look forward to seeing how the other five develop.

13. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Great foto,what gear are you using?

14. Marchbanks

Usually (as in pic above) my Pixel 2, sometimes my Panasonic GX80 if I fancy doing daft things.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  15. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

"Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,
    But to be drinking Le Ronsay was very heaven!"
    Wordsworth (a later turncoat)I think wrote that just having
    received a six pack,deliveries in those days were erratic.
    [​IMG]

Le Ronsay it's the gift that keeps on giving.
    DPD have managed to screw up a delivery from Vinatis 4 part cases apparently they're sending it back!Dicks!I got the email for the CEO ,so it's "escalated" but they're fekn useless on this occasion.Prolly they've got no local drivers so fek it just send it back

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  16. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Sometimes you just have to rough it: found a half bottle of Leeuwin Cab Sauv (the cheaper Prelude line) that had been open for 2-3 weeks and just kept escaping from the cook pot.
    And then a Graffigna Cab Sauv gift that I didn't like that much, but probably my fault as it might have been a tad cold. Even tried mixing them which was not too bad... amazingly.
    At least I cleared the decks.

17. Marchbanks

[​IMG]

Cabernet Franc from the Young and Exciting Matias Riccitelli. It isn’t like your CF from the Loire, not at all. For the first thirty minutes I would have believed you if you had told me it was a Malbec. Slowly, more of a CF start and finish seemed to appear - or was it just my brain hunting for it? Either way, I like it a lot. Argentina doesn’t do subtle, and that suits my mood tonight. 5,000 bottles produced says the label, which means I had 0.16% of the production in my cellar before tonight. And (he said, taking another mouthful) I might just have to up that figure some more. Lovely stuff!

Despite being a warm night, the wind is whistling across the garden and wobbling the trees and shrubs about. I thought A Secret Wish would make a suitably dramatic accompaniment.

BTC3 likes this.
  18. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

Not a good idea there, splashy mixture of acid and oak. It may be that I’m not a Loire red person.

19. Marchbanks

Oops. Sorry about that. PM incoming...

20. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member