1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bloody bloody bloody annoyed

Discussion in 'off topic' started by GruntPuppy, Jul 31, 2020.

1. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Is this not a case of 'I want that one'

You should receive what you have seen.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    GruntPuppy likes this.
  2. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

I’m reluctant to leave bad reviews for small businesses. So need to be sure you are in the right and aware of the potential impact . As for the OP most products have a manufacturers mark on . Seems OTT

twotone likes this.
  3. mansr

mansr Objectionist

Being small is no excuse for being bad.

foxwelljsly and GruntPuppy like this.
  4. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

Well there are occasions when I would, but largely vote with feet and move on

5. mansr

mansr Objectionist

The photo on the website gives the impression that it's a clean, black surface. Like the OP, I'd be very disappointed if I bought it expecting this and found a big, ugly logo instead.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr and GruntPuppy like this.
  6. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I think what I took particular exception to was the fact that the supplier expected me to swallow an item that was visually significantly different from the photographs on his website and ebay, and that wasn't even branded in a thoughtful fashion. Telling me that getting an item that was the same as advertised would require a special order was the icing on that particular cake - in short, he's knowingly selling items to people that have a significant difference from the photographed items, and seems to take exception to being pulled up on it.

7. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

TWO big ugly logos, not even matching the company logo properly - less than impressive.

8. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

It wasn't until after he told me that getting a platter as advertised and pictured was "a special order" that I got particularly annoyed with him, and shared the fun.

9. twotone

twotone pfm Member

At least the guy did what was required in the end ie refunded you and paid for the return postage.

Being honest if his stuff is the best there is I don’t know if I’d have cut my nose off to spite my face though.

Clearly he should have mentioned that information on his website which lets people have the option of paying more for something, he missed a trick there but he was probably trying to get you to accept the one you had.

Tigerjones likes this.
  10. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

Not so much cutting my nose off to spite my face, more being unwilling to settle for something imperfect - the engraving on the top plate is definitely a flaw, poorly designed and placed, without any thought for brand continuity. If it had. perhaps been engraved in small letters around the outer rim, or the perimeter of a record label were it to be rested on the platter, or around the spindle, this would have raised fewer hackles. As it was, I'm damned if I was going to settle for ugly and flawed.

Perhaps mentioning on his website or eBay that "by the way, this NOT the product you'll be receiving - I'll be sending you out something that's got my company name engraved on it - twice - with piss poor regard to font or position." Giving customers the option to buy what is pictured, as advertised is the sensible norm, and something this supplier failed to adhere to.

11. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

I understand the frustration of not getting what you paid for, but this could easily escalate to a point where you and your friends are banned from ever buying another turntable platter.

Joe

12. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Getting banned over fruit is just silly. It’s not like Kramer was questioning something important, like the authenticity of fight scenes in TOS!

Also, couldn’t help but notice that the shopkeeper’s name was Joe. :)

13. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I've already ordered another platter...

But I made sure it was as pictured first!

[​IMG]

14. Joe P

Hook,

Are you saying that scene when Captain Kirk fought the Andorian wasn’t real?

How can you fake a move like arse launched off wall of destruction?

Joe

Tigerjones likes this.
  15. Hook

100%
    As real as it gets! Or to quote a guy with funny hair...

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

16. Joe P

Hook,

I think the magistrate from Talos IV said that, too.

Joe

Hook likes this.
  17. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

Oh sweet Jeebus, I'd forgotten how bad the fight scenes were.

18. Hook

Apollo should be along shortly to show you the error of your ways.

19. mansr

mansr Objectionist

I want to see a fight between an Andorian and a giant lizard.

20. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I want to see a PROPER fight between kirk, an Andorian, a Klingon, and a wrestly lizard creature.