advertisement

Bloody bloody bloody annoyed

Please don’t tell Joe, but most of my Trek knowledge comes from buying Spirit’s Future Dreams when I was at university. From that I remember Gorns had by far the best music when they attacked, and Kirk and the Romulan captain acknowledged they could have been friends in another life. I can’t remember exactly how Freakout Frog fitted into all this.

Doh! Future Games, I mean. What’s worse, I can’t find my copy!

Yes, the Romulan captain played by Mark Lenard, the only actor to have played a Romulan, a Vulcan, and a Klingon, IIRC.

Please don’t tell Joe, but most of my Trek knowledge comes from buying Spirit’s Future Dreams when I was at university. From that I remember Gorns had by far the best music when they attacked, and Kirk and the Romulan captain acknowledged they could have been friends in another life. I can’t remember exactly how Freakout Frog fitted into all this.
Great album...

Spirit_FutureGames.jpg

:)

Yes, the Romulan captain played by Mark Lenard, the only actor to have played a Romulan, a Vulcan, and a Klingon, IIRC.

That's what you call an acting range :eek: 3 species! 4, if you assume he played a human at some point (even if in something else)

Mr. Spock’s dad also played a gorilla in a TV episode of Planet of the Apes. Now that’s versatility.

Joe

Ian,

I want to see Patrick Stewart playing a spider monkey

He did in Genesis. Well, Captain Picard devolved to a lemur or maybe a marmoset.

Poor Lt. Broccoli devolved into a spider in that episode. Now that was some seriously impressive acting.

Joe

At last, some measure of achievement.

A new platter arrived from Cherry Audio, and it is rather lovely. No lipping on the edge machining, very very nice indeed. And for some strange reason they've neglected to engrave the top with their name :) It matches the photos, the quality of manufacture is absolutely superb, and having seen it in the flesh I'm very happy with it. It's better in "real life" than in the promo pics.

I can see that I'm going to have to start getting into TNG, as a side benefit of all this.

Grunty,

That’s wonderful to hear, but the original series is where it’s at.

Nice result on the platter, too. :—)

Joe

Grunty,

That’s wonderful to hear, but the original series is where it’s at.

Nice result on the platter, too. :—)

Joe

When I can binge watch a series with Wesley Crusher in it, I will know that I have attained the emotional control of a Vulcan. It's all very well watching Kirk screw his way across the universe, but one must strive for self improvement.

And as Eddy Murphy once remarked - "If the b*tch is green, the pu**y is bad."

advertisement

Back