advertisement

Bloody bloody bloody annoyed

Agreed, people are way too quick to rush to some online platform to shout look what’s been done to me by this (insert pish here).

We’ve a local Italian restaurant who has been doing takeaways since the start of lockdown, we use them frequently and by and large they’re okay but we’ve had two really terrible meals, last one being a Father’s Day meal for six (mine).

Anyway on both occasions my wife called to complain and the owner put his hands up and admitted the meals were indeed terrible, on the first occasion he sent a free meal, at the next order and at the last occasion he refunded the cost of the meal and sent us free vouchers towards the cost of another meal or takeaway.

We were happy with this although I don’t know if we will order again cause you can’t trust them.

Anyway I was talking to a friend and told her the above, turns out she’s had poor takeaways from then too and apparently her last meal was particularly bad with a wait of over three hours (she couldn’t cancel cause they stopped answering the phone) but her first reaction was to go on Facebook and leave a particularly nasty review (according to her) so she got a bad meal and nothing else except the satisfaction of shouting look at me on Facebook and now can’t order anything from the restaurant because of her review.
I’m reluctant to leave bad reviews for small businesses. So need to be sure you are in the right and aware of the potential impact . As for the OP most products have a manufacturers mark on . Seems OTT

I think what I took particular exception to was the fact that the supplier expected me to swallow an item that was visually significantly different from the photographs on his website and ebay, and that wasn't even branded in a thoughtful fashion. Telling me that getting an item that was the same as advertised would require a special order was the icing on that particular cake - in short, he's knowingly selling items to people that have a significant difference from the photographed items, and seems to take exception to being pulled up on it.

The photo on the website gives the impression that it's a clean, black surface. Like the OP, I'd be very disappointed if I bought it expecting this and found a big, ugly logo instead.

TWO big ugly logos, not even matching the company logo properly - less than impressive.

Agreed, people are way too quick to rush to some online platform to shout look what’s been done to me by this (insert pish here)

It wasn't until after he told me that getting a platter as advertised and pictured was "a special order" that I got particularly annoyed with him, and shared the fun.

It wasn't until after he told me that getting a platter as advertised and pictured was "a special order" that I got particularly annoyed with him, and shared the fun.

At least the guy did what was required in the end ie refunded you and paid for the return postage.

Being honest if his stuff is the best there is I don’t know if I’d have cut my nose off to spite my face though.

Clearly he should have mentioned that information on his website which lets people have the option of paying more for something, he missed a trick there but he was probably trying to get you to accept the one you had.

At least the guy did what was required in the end ie refunded you and paid for the return postage.

Being honest if his stuff is the best there is I don’t know if I’d have cut my nose off to spite my face though.

Clearly he should have mentioned that information on his website which lets people have the option of paying more for something, he missed a trick there but he was probably trying to get you to accept the one you had.

Not so much cutting my nose off to spite my face, more being unwilling to settle for something imperfect - the engraving on the top plate is definitely a flaw, poorly designed and placed, without any thought for brand continuity. If it had. perhaps been engraved in small letters around the outer rim, or the perimeter of a record label were it to be rested on the platter, or around the spindle, this would have raised fewer hackles. As it was, I'm damned if I was going to settle for ugly and flawed.

Perhaps mentioning on his website or eBay that "by the way, this NOT the product you'll be receiving - I'll be sending you out something that's got my company name engraved on it - twice - with piss poor regard to font or position." Giving customers the option to buy what is pictured, as advertised is the sensible norm, and something this supplier failed to adhere to.

I understand the frustration of not getting what you paid for, but this could easily escalate to a point where you and your friends are banned from ever buying another turntable platter.

Joe

I understand the frustration of not getting what you paid for, but this could easily escalate to a point where you and your friends are banned from ever buying another turntable platter.

Joe

Getting banned over fruit is just silly. It’s not like Kramer was questioning something important, like the authenticity of fight scenes in TOS!

Also, couldn’t help but notice that the shopkeeper’s name was Joe. :)

I've already ordered another platter...

But I made sure it was as pictured first!

s-l1600.jpg

Hook,

Are you saying that scene when Captain Kirk fought the Andorian wasn’t real?

How can you fake a move like arse launched off wall of destruction?

Joe

Hook,

Joe

100%
Hook,

Joe

As real as it gets! Or to quote a guy with funny hair...

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
― Albert Einstein

Hook,

I think the magistrate from Talos IV said that, too.

Joe

Hook,

Joe
I want to see a fight between an Andorian and a giant lizard.

advertisement

Back