1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bloody bloody bloody annoyed

Discussion in 'off topic' started by GruntPuppy, Jul 31, 2020.

1. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

2. Nero

Nero Newish Member

I had Ivor T’s signature on one of my LP12s. Not sure if that would have increased or decreased its value.

wow&flutter likes this.
  3. mansr

mansr Objectionist

4. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

Well, to be fair, Iceni have had their platter back, and I have had a refund. Now to go and buy what is, admittedly, my second choice.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  5. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

If I was fortunate enough to own a Norton engine, I would be incandescent. As it is, I've had my money back. I like the dangly weights, so I've ordered a similar product from Cherry Audio. It has a label recess this time, and is a one piece platter. It only has 6 weights, as opposed to 22, but still looks nice to me. Next up will be an off-board motor mount, and a thrust bearing motor upgrade possibly.

6. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Just email them, tizo acrylic will build anything you like at off the shelf prices and they speak good English. They only use top notch cast acrylic, not the rolled stuff.

7. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I have a platter design in mind for my next turntable build, I'll keep their details handy.

8. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

have you ever pondered therapy for anger management?

GruntPuppy likes this.
  9. mansr

mansr Objectionist

Is that when your boss is shouting at you?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    GruntPuppy likes this.
  10. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I ate my therapist.

As time goes on, I find myself less willing to compromise.

If someone puts a photo of a product up for sale, in this example a platter, I expect it to look just like that. Particularly new. And if it doesn't, I get significantly narked, especially when said seller says that an unengraved platter - what was pictured - is a "special order." I regard this sort of thing as f***ery of the first order, and not to be tolerated.

Tarzan and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  11. mansr

mansr Objectionist

Oh, it should definitely not be tolerated. What you should do is remain calm while you plot and execute the revenge they deserve. That's much more satisfying than anything you could accomplish in a fit of rage.

GruntPuppy likes this.
  12. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

For this? Eh. I already made him pay for return postage at his cost, if karma chooses to have him cross my path in the future I shall consider myself blessed.

13. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Maybe the bloke is a fan of that Far Side comic where the guy labels everything.

[​IMG]

Joe

14. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I have no idea... I'm a big fan of labelling things though.
    [​IMG]

15. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

I would have kept this between me and the supplier . No need for the public hanging

wyjsar likes this.
  16. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

I remain puzzled.

17. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Agreed, people are way too quick to rush to some online platform to shout look what’s been done to me by this (insert pish here).

We’ve a local Italian restaurant who has been doing takeaways since the start of lockdown, we use them frequently and by and large they’re okay but we’ve had two really terrible meals, last one being a Father’s Day meal for six (mine).

Anyway on both occasions my wife called to complain and the owner put his hands up and admitted the meals were indeed terrible, on the first occasion he sent a free meal, at the next order and at the last occasion he refunded the cost of the meal and sent us free vouchers towards the cost of another meal or takeaway.

We were happy with this although I don’t know if we will order again cause you can’t trust them.

Anyway I was talking to a friend and told her the above, turns out she’s had poor takeaways from then too and apparently her last meal was particularly bad with a wait of over three hours (she couldn’t cancel cause they stopped answering the phone) but her first reaction was to go on Facebook and leave a particularly nasty review (according to her) so she got a bad meal and nothing else except the satisfaction of shouting look at me on Facebook and now can’t order anything from the restaurant because of her review.

18. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Absolutely retired!

I'd buy a CD player and avoid the whole shennanegans (sp)

GruntPuppy likes this.
  19. cjarchez

cjarchez pfm Member

I disagree, the supplier has been given the opportunity to correct his error which he has brushed aside, showing himself as a cotal tunt and worthy of negative exposure.

GruntPuppy and mansr like this.
  20. mansr

mansr Objectionist

I'd buy a hard drive. Spins even faster, must be even better.

GruntPuppy likes this.