advertisement

Bloody bloody bloody annoyed

I'm sure you can get a refund if you send it back but you might lose the postage (twice?). Doesn't sound like the seller is being over-sympathetic, Maybe try to get a 'custom' replacement with no engraving at no extra cost re-iterating your disappointment and the discrepancy between the picture and the goods. Sometimes you just have to lose a little.

The plan was not to - supplier was supposed to send me a shim as well, so that if I decided to go with a mat at a later date I could. The shim didn't arrive either.

Shim meaning mat for me, in which case yes, send it back for refund or demand one as advertised to replace it.

I certainly would not want that on my proudly displayed deck while it's not actually playing, very garish, reminiscent of DJ's sponsored slip mats, nasty.

Yes, very droll. Indeed he sells on eBay as well, but I ordered via his website, paying by PayPal. He seems to have gone quiet via email, I think that may be my next avenue of attack. If not, soddit, small claims time. Never done it before, never had to.
Sometimes simply uttering the words "small claims court" in someone's general direction works as a magic incantation resulting in instant cooperation.

Well, the seller has promised to pay return purchase. I have already invoked the distance selling act with regards to this, tempted to carry it through to the bitter end where the supplier has to arrange collection at their cost, but at this point I'm prepared to make a compromise. I'll still try for a pic of the platter, but for some reason my shitty camera phone can't capture the detail of the engraving. If it looked like the pics I'm taking, I'd be happy! I'll try in the bedroom, the light angle should be more symathetic in there.

Looks really nice I have to say, can't really see the etching properly though, it looks much better in the other two photos though.

BTW does that label come off?

As an aside OP I recently bought a forehead thermometer from a mob on the internet who were clearly overwhelmed with orders (great price) and basically left me without mine despite receiving the dosh via Paypal so I got in touch with Paypal for a refund and the thing turned up two days later.

Looks really nice I have to say, can't really see the etching properly though, it look much better in the other two photos though.

BTW does that label come off?

As an aside OP I recently bought a forehead thermometer from a mob on the internet who were clearly overwhelmed with orders (great price) and basically left me without mine despite receiving the dosh via Paypal so I got in touch with Paypal for a refund and the thing turned up two days later.

That's their business card, for scale and also to show that they hadn't even used the same font to put their name on the platter. The etching is more visible in "real life" unfortunately. And yes, Paypal as a fallback.

I was tempted to, but I'll send it back myself, and have done with it. if the promised refund/refund of postage doesn't appear, then Paypal time.

Hmm, don't know if I would go down that road being honest mate, Paypal will tell you and the seller to sort it out by such and such a date and if the seller doesn't adhere to the conditions set out by Paypal then they'll refund you and remove the dosh from them.

Hmm, don't know if I would go down that road being honest mate, Paypal will tell you and the seller to sort it out by such and such a date and if the seller doesn't adhere to the conditions set out by Paypal then they'll refund you and remove the dosh from them.

Agreed. Stick by the Paypal guidelines and you'll be fine. Step outside them and things could get complicated.

He really doesn't know when to shut up :( He's trying to whine now because I also asked for a purple spacer to be machined (at a cost obviously) which he then said he couldn't do, which I didn't worry about. He did say he'd send me a spacer (for the arm) to raise it by 2mm in black, which didn't materialise. He's now alluding to this purple spacer request in the paypal case, which I shall happily shut him down on. He seems to have forgotten what he's said in his emails (which I have retained). I bloody hate sellers like this. If you can't walk the walk, don't come the Charlie Big Potatoes with the talk.

Gosh.... I really like the stuff he makes. Great value too.

I like it too, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it!

For better value subplatters, take a look at http://www.fidelitydesignsltd.co.uk/ I splurged on the top end of their range - a reference subplatter and bearing upgrade at £107 inc. postage to uk Mainland - and could not be happier with the fit and finish.

The product you see on Fidelity's website (by a chap called Ben Lamb) are what you get, and I can happily attest to the quality of product and service received. Both bang on.

I like it too, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it!

For better value subplatters, take a look at http://www.fidelitydesignsltd.co.uk/ I splurged on the top end of their range - a reference subplatter and bearing upgrade at £107 inc. postage to uk Mainland - and could not be happier with the fit and finish.

The product you see on Fidelity's website (by a chap called Ben Lamb) are what you get, and I can happily attest to the quality of product and service received. Both bang on.
Thanks. Prefer the first guy's stuff aesthetically, but I'm sure they are both good.

advertisement

Back