advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how much enjoyment can be had with a small, high quality headphone system. Barely any of the faff of most speaker systems.

Not small, and I am sure whether either is high quality would be debated, but I have two and get to listen to far more music than would be possible if I had speakers - never mind the faff. Living room system doesn't get used as much as I would like as even with closed LCD-XC 'phones as it still causes an unbearable disturbance when she's watching her programs. Record players get swapped over quite often so both get reasonable amount of use
y4m6aj9PWlCpxFOhhc-J76b8FgS9bQkJgXNBtEqYNdy8Eu4mRB1sneiZWce6QelfLEcqcE3B5iC72DHFzz_GDCGOvumVBaryJeP1f7odBbIuXVs6t1N15ucuLdRJCl7MGymyCPgtzMrth_yq5dXeVDWXgFQlPle1F6gz02j9uRxul15ZGGDFP4rOJAUnmCI53us
y4mHN0HHzmYH64je1eH16egbJzOW26Z5YcPz8eVajtiEPUb6nv4eqGRoMgQWdA3BmR-7Ch6tWIC7d0F_PzHPZInZBNgBkcXOHD3iEGq4f5suRBemSuXE8MQCjBnIXn5IHfcQvH1MX4iRjh6FhxzCfpxvFJkq6dAfDaKozdM_RnEjcFrRfgW2Opz0Wy5R-WYUh8k

Looking at the psu and the blue led, prompts the question, does the V2 have the full Rock Grotto upgrades?

Yes! Everything. It also has some unusual mini valves ( sorry I forget the name ) on base adapters that ring another few drops of performance out of it, a slightly different balance to the Reflector EBs that gains my preference.
I used to have an even bettererest PSU for it that got repurposed and moved on with its downstream partner.
Had it for many years, purchased new when the V3 had just landed. Later I discovered Mike's forum and tweaks and it is a very special little headphone amp, if not the last word. What it does still offer, in tweaked form, is exceptional value for money. I don't think anything at the price comes anywhere near it to this day.

That would be Dan Brown the multi-millionaire (but I agree, he certainly knows how to ruin a good story with bad writing).

Not small, and I am sure whether either is high quality would be debated, but I have two and get to listen to far more music than would be possible if I had speakers - never mind the faff. Living room system doesn't get used as much as I would like as even with closed LCD-XC 'phones as it still causes an unbearable disturbance when she's watching her programs. Record players get swapped over quite often so both get reasonable amount of use
y4m6aj9PWlCpxFOhhc-J76b8FgS9bQkJgXNBtEqYNdy8Eu4mRB1sneiZWce6QelfLEcqcE3B5iC72DHFzz_GDCGOvumVBaryJeP1f7odBbIuXVs6t1N15ucuLdRJCl7MGymyCPgtzMrth_yq5dXeVDWXgFQlPle1F6gz02j9uRxul15ZGGDFP4rOJAUnmCI53us
y4mHN0HHzmYH64je1eH16egbJzOW26Z5YcPz8eVajtiEPUb6nv4eqGRoMgQWdA3BmR-7Ch6tWIC7d0F_PzHPZInZBNgBkcXOHD3iEGq4f5suRBemSuXE8MQCjBnIXn5IHfcQvH1MX4iRjh6FhxzCfpxvFJkq6dAfDaKozdM_RnEjcFrRfgW2Opz0Wy5R-WYUh8k
Great looking headphone systems, but the photos are really small. Any chance you can post some bigger hi-res versions, so we can see the details?

Hi James, good to hear from you, I love how holographic they are, vocals are incredible, bass is fantastic for their size, due to only listening at low levels I might go floorstanders in the long term, to be decided.

Hi James, good to hear from you, I love how holographic they are, vocals are incredible, bass is fantastic for their size, due to only listening at low levels I might go floorstanders in the long term, to be decided.
Good to hear, remember to reach out when you decide to go floorstanders ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back