advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaleblue

Southbound
Class A for the Devons - and they love it!

50782492193_52cb1b3d07_b.jpg

50783259156_2783fec4ed_b.jpg

Likey! I never did manage to do the IA4 v Luxman demo. No regrets but I bet the Suggie would have been great too. I just had an offer I couldn’t refuse on the Mac against the Luxman and just couldn’t organise an IA4 in time...

PS: might want a bit more of a gap above it though....

Latest Lash Up...

Meridian 557 power amp
Densen DM 20 preamp
PS Audio Directstream Dac
Heavily modded Oppo 203 (Roon Endpoint, i2s to Dac)
https://theartofsound.net/forum/sho...-guess-what-I%92m-about-to-do-Major-Oppo-mods
Rega P10, Apheta 3
Primare R32 phonostage
Collaro red mat
Origin Live Gravity One stabiliser
Dali Zensor 5 speakers (temp stand-ins, saving up for replacements)

System powered by hardwired 10KVA balanced mains supply
Speaker cabling: Morrow SP7 reterminated with KLEI Harmony bananas, WBT silver soldered.
Interconnects: Wireworld Eclipse Gold
Power cables: Shutko Wireworld Silver Electra 7, Wireworld Matrix 2 6 way mains block, fed by balanced mains.

Roon, with Integrated Qobuz and Tidal, and 5500-ish ripped CDs, 300-odd physical discs, 300-ish LP’s

Sony A1E 65” OLED tv.
EB8mjqU.jpg

CCN39ZT.jpg

KN4FVFX.jpg

Last edited:
hi , Gazjam ,

What's the plinth thingy that the Regas standing on ?
I think one of the Rega feet is in hiding on the bottom shelf

Likey! I never did manage to do the IA4 v Luxman demo. No regrets but I bet the Suggie would have been great too. I just had an offer I couldn’t refuse on the Mac against the Luxman and just couldn’t organise an IA4 in time...

PS: might want a bit more of a gap above it though....

I’m genuinely surprised that the Suggie is an obvious improvement over the B135/3 with the Tannoys. Not a massive night and day thing, but there’s added texture - simply feels that little bit more real.

There’s loads of room around the amp BTW, so hoping it’s well enough ventilated.

Is this the only floor based system on PFM (?) ... by orders of SWMBO in my case(!)

NAS Source Synology DS1520+ (plugged into wall with standard unshielded Naim cable)

> Ethernet cable Blue jeans 6a CAT

Switch Cisco 9650 (sitting on Iosacoustic Oreas)

> Ethernet cable Blue jeans 6a CAT

Streamer Naim NDS + Teddy XPS + TXPS+ (sitting on Iosacoustic Oreas) - fitted with Synergistic Orange fuses

> Tellurium Q Silver Diamond (RCA)

PreAmp Music First Audio Baby Ref V2 (sitting on Iosacoustic Oreas)

> Tellurium Q Black Diamond (Balanced)

PowerAmp BenchMark AHB2 (sitting on Iosacoustic Oreas) - fitted with two Synergistic Orange fuses

> Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cables + Jumpers (diamond config)

Speakers B&W 804d-2 (sitting on Iosacoustic Gaias)

Power Supply Airlink CBS2000 Conditional Balanced Mains Unit (plugged into wall with MCRU 75 cable)

> Feeds the Cisco via ATL DC Blocker (standard Naim cables)

> Feeds the Synology via ATL DC Blocker (standard Naim cables)

Power Supply Airlink ASF3000 Advanced Filter Balanced Mains Unit (plugged into wall with generic C19 cable)

> Feeds TXPS and TXPS+ via MCRU 75 cable

> Feeds the AHB2 directly (via Naim Powerline)

Is this the only floor based system on PFM (?) ... by orders of SWMBO in my case(!)
Not seen many expensive rigs on the dog shelf ...so long as you have tunes, nice system, I was gonna ask what after the first pic but you beat me to it

How would you describe the Benchmark amp? I’ve had the 804D2 with a load of Naim/Teddy gear in the past. My dealer sells Benchmark but would have to order in for me to demo and I think was trying to put me off a bit, says they are “dry sounding”.

Family Room, not a listening room; but we coexist very nicely. Watching the lovely new year's concert from Vienna.

Revel Performa3 F-208 loudspeakers
EWA M-100 Turbo S class A power amplifier (pre production)
EWA M-50P pre-amplifier

You can see two giant SECA (Single Ended Class A) amplifiers, 27W per side up on the shelf. Perched on top of those is an SOtM SMS-200 renderer and a SMSL M-400 DAC.

A Frankenstein Rega deck is on its way sometime in the new year also.

Cables are all by tellurium q. No wait, that's not right...:rolleyes:

EWA power, USB, interconnect and LS-40 speaker cable.

That's Toothless the cat down there. His companion, Mr Spock (yes, really) is atop the other speaker.

How would you describe the Benchmark amp? I’ve had the 804D2 with a load of Naim/Teddy gear in the past. My dealer sells Benchmark but would have to order in for me to demo and I think was trying to put me off a bit, says they are “dry sounding”.

Sorry if I’m butting in but I’ve recently aquired one and I find it truly superb. Of coarse system matching will be key but I don’t find it dry or bright at all. It sounds very similar to the Boulders I had but sweeter and if it’s possible...quieter. My speakers are 106db though so the lack of noise is a huge factor for me.
In my time I’ve had exotic valve amps of every variety, excellent class D’s and big money Class A & AB’s from Sugden to Boulder.....the Benchmark has ended my big money power amp purchases for good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back