advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great looking headphone systems, but the photos are really small. Any chance you can post some bigger hi-res versions, so we can see the details?

Sure, I can do bigger but little about the resolution.
Funk LSD, AT33EV, Whest Two.2, Rega DAC-R, World Designs Pre3, Amp Camp Amp and Audeze LCD-X
y4m6aj9PWlCpxFOhhc-J76b8FgS9bQkJgXNBtEqYNdy8Eu4mRB1sneiZWce6QelfLEcqcE3B5iC72DHFzz_GDCGOvumVBaryJeP1f7odBbIuXVs6t1N15ucuLdRJCl7MGymyCPgtzMrth_yq5dXeVDWXgFQlPle1F6gz02j9uRxul15ZGGDFP4rOJAUnmCI53us

Rega P8, AT33EV, Rega Aria, Rega DAC. Project S2 Analogu Pre, Amp Camp Amp and Audeze LCD-XC:
y4mHN0HHzmYH64je1eH16egbJzOW26Z5YcPz8eVajtiEPUb6nv4eqGRoMgQWdA3BmR-7Ch6tWIC7d0F_PzHPZInZBNgBkcXOHD3iEGq4f5suRBemSuXE8MQCjBnIXn5IHfcQvH1MX4iRjh6FhxzCfpxvFJkq6dAfDaKozdM_RnEjcFrRfgW2Opz0Wy5R-WYUh8k

My latest ‘system improvement’ is a huge load of books I got from a charity shop for 10p each to fill the empty shelves in my living room. Hopefully they’ll help the acoustics a little bit:

f8o5x7r.jpg
The design of the Quad 33 is timeless imo. All looking very nice indeed.

The design of the Quad 33 is timeless imo. All looking very nice indeed.

Interesting fact: the older a person gets, the more they dislike orange.

The fact that PJW chose orange for the fascia was quite a turn-off for a lot of potential buyers back then. I suppose now it looks quite quaint and anachronistic - which is why I like it!

Interesting fact: the older a person gets, the more they dislike orange.

The fact that PJW chose orange for the fascia was quite a turn-off for a lot of potential buyers back then. I suppose now it looks quite quaint and anachronistic - which is why I like it!
Well…. I like to be different! Getting on a bit in years now and my favourite colour in my garden is… orange. I do like the combination of orange and olive green that Quad used.

Using a Quad 34 now (and a modernised Amplabs 303 now) after my 33 developed a phono stage issue. It does sound a tad clearer and crisper but I think I prefer the 33 for my purposes…

I’m using the Tape output to listen to some recently reissued Blue Note vinyl with the Graham Slee Solo/PSU1 headphone amp and Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm headphones:

uKNHjI6.jpg

Very nice set-up and room Bazza, and are the Buchardt's all you expected?

So far I'm pretty impressed but there still running in ,I did have a nightmare pairing them up to my google home app they just didn't want to known
at first but I got there in the end ,

Being bookshelf speakers I'm blown away with just how low they go (25Hz), at first the bass was a little boomy in my small room
But the hub's built in room correction sorted that all out for me.
I have yet to try the different matertunings my ones are running the stock 01 but I fancy trying the 3 way one and the 02 later

Compared to my old ATC SCM40 these sound much warmer and far better at lower volumes which suits my smaller room

Spiritland London

Nice system/s. Today they played the Living Voice. Unfortunately the big Valve amp was in need of repair.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/U78smgeqqFmR4uTQ6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fprzystkWVQgLDaMA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G4EesejxUJ3Zqgu27

https://photos.app.goo.gl/a6xYn6thSH3A6QbB9

I've DJed on that system a couple of times.
It was great fun digging through the collection for stuff I wanted to hear on it (oh, and for things I though others might enjoy I s'pose).

This was the first 12" I dug out, and it sounded fabulous LOUD.

So far I'm pretty impressed but there still running in ,I did have a nightmare pairing them up to my google home app they just didn't want to known
at first but I got there in the end ,

Being bookshelf speakers I'm blown away with just how low they go (25Hz), at first the bass was a little boomy in my small room
But the hub's built in room correction sorted that all out for me.
I have yet to try the different matertunings my ones are running the stock 01 but I fancy trying the 3 way one and the 02 later

Compared to my old ATC SCM40 these sound much warmer and far better at lower volumes which suits my smaller room

Very close to pushing the button on a pair of these. They look like they’d suit my new room, and I like the idea of fuss free listening for a couple of years whilst the boys are small. Great to read they sound good at low volume.

Do they get hot @bazza. ? We’ve moved to an off grid place, so I’d like to get an idea of power consumption.

Very close to pushing the button on a pair of these. They look like they’d suit my new room, and I like the idea of fuss free listening for a couple of years whilst the boys are small. Great to read they sound good at low volume.

I’m just getting into streaming music as of yesterday :) and so may even retire my CD player and DAC and just run my turntable and TV though the hub and stream everything else . Power wise they are a lot better than my old ATC amp which was always cooking in the Conor of the ro at om at the volumes I listen to they don’t get hot but will check , after 20 mins they go into stand by mode

Do they get hot @bazza. ? We’ve moved to an off grid place, so I’d like to get an idea of power consumption.

I’m just getting into streaming music as of yesterday :) and so may even retire my CD player and DAC and just run my turntable and TV though the hub and stream everything else . Power wise they are a lot better than my old ATC amp which was always cooking in the Conor of the room at the volumes I listen to they don’t get hot but will check , after 20 mins they go into stand by mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back