advertisement

Just been to the shops!?

Mint sauce in the mushy peas?
Not with fish and chips. The peas make the fish and chips, just a splash of malt vinegar and some salt.
Mint sauce isn't too bad with a pie and pea supper, but if it's a decent pie it's probably better without.

Not with fish and chips. The peas make the fish and chips, just a splash of malt vinegar and some salt.
Mint sauce isn't too bad with a pie and pea supper, but if it's a decent pie it's probably better without.

Then there the question, curry sauce over the fish, yes or no?

C19 just BUGGER ORF I've had enough!!

I empathise! Whereas I'm comfortable with BEING abnormal, living in an abnormal world is becoming incredibly tiresome.

First trip to Aldi this morning after an absence of 9 weeks. Quite surprised; car park virtually empty, no queues and very few customers. Unfortunately it gave me the hoarding instinct and I spent by far the greatest amount ever in our previous fortnightly trips; well over the ton. The narrow aisles I remember were a figment of my irrational imagination; they were normal S'bury's type width. My lady wiffie was surprised and impressed until my two baskets tripped the door alarm as I followed her bulging trolley. I was allowed to take one to the car and return it, though. Oh but life is sooooo exciting!!!!!

I’m a southerner and didn’t grow up with chips and gravy but now i love it. On another note try ketchup with curry powder - as a dip or a sauce - strange but good

We went to the local brewery for a beer or three last night. I was pleased to see that it was moderately busy. They gave us a complimentary chocolate bar as a thank you.

Mushy peas? :eek: Boak.

If lucky enough to be in Edinburgh, it's 'fish (haddock, obvs) supper, no salt (in my case), LOTS of (broon) sauce, please'. :D :cool:

Ah yes, good old currywurst. We had it for lunch one cycling holiday, that and a beer each set us up for an afternoon's pedalling.

My curry ketchup of choice - I still have a bottle I picked up in Germany last year (must check the best before/use by date)...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004KSGWC8/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I was disappointed in Berlin a few years ago that the curry element was just curry powder sprinkled on normal ketchup.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
We went to the local brewery for a beer or three last night. They gave us a complimentary chocolate bar as a thank you.

Beer and chocolate? What a ghastly combination but at least, both were brown, so complimentary and complementary regarding colour. :)

I used to love chips with curry sauce when I was on the road; not with fish though. I rarely had both fish AND chips as I hadn't the capacity for both, where 'small' often means 'large' in portions.

I have taken to ordering a medium piece of fish with 'just a few' chips these days. Even two people would struggle with a full portion of chips, they are huge. Mushy peas were kind of OK and used to pass me by until I added some vinegar one day and was transported somewhere else. Only took me 50 years.

advertisement

Back