advertisement

Just been to the shops!?

Our tesco has moved to tray liners for click and collect. I’m used to the rubbish packing, but find the liners quite convenient: lift out of the tray, into the boot of the car, and thence into the utility room for putting away. We find them a lot more convenient, and quicker, than packing it all into bags and boxes at the collection point. I’d rather be able to take the trays with me and return later/next time, but apparently they’re not into that approach.

The little bags for home delivery are good for the frailer folk, couple years back I could’t take in the bags with spuds or tins in, with these big bags I’d not have been fit to lift in any of them, luckily I’ve always had Mrs AA to help when struggling.

Anyone else encountered Tesco's change of policy regarding the bagging of groceries for home deliveries? They have abandoned carrier bags, and are instead putting them in 'Tray Liners', which are large plastic bags, without handles, where, it seems, goods are thrown in higgledy piggledy, and are getting bashed, broken etc.

When I complained to Tesco, I was told initially that it was the local store that had decided to stop using carrier bags, but now I am told it's a Tesco-wide policy, so wondered if anyone here has had problems with this change?

(My personal circumstances re. COVID-19 means that our household is reliant upon home deliveries, and if at all possible, non-contact deliveries (and certainly not ones where delivery drivers come into the home), but in a 'beggars can't be choosers' COVID-19 world, and much though I am tempted to do so, I am reluctant to tell Tesco where they can shove their grocery deliveries (despite an email from them in response to my escalated complaint that is basically a slightly politer version of 'this is what we are doing, tough shit!').
I’ll find out on Thursday. I expect bags though because bags are now a paid for option and I paid.

hard to believe that some people are stockpiling again!!!!! No paracetomol here for the last 3 weeks ...or is it the tesco has decided not to re stock? madness.

advertisement

Back