advertisement

Just been to the shops!?

Tesco this am tho clean is terrible. People are getting a bit blasé about this distancing thing and the veggies are rubbish today. Old, bruised and just poor. Reckon Aldi calls next week.

Tesco this am tho clean is terrible. People are getting a bit blasé about this distancing thing and the veggies are rubbish today. Old, bruised and just poor. Reckon Aldi calls next week.
Good luck. If it's anything like the Aldi near me you will need a machete to keep people at a suitable distance.

My wife visited the local Garden centre today. She got some food from the farm shop, but apparently there was a huge queue to get onto the garden bit, so at the moment, it's still easier to get stuff delivered.

very pleased wickes is opening again ... getting very short on supplies ... think it will be a 7 am visit to avoid the queues though !!!

I'd normally be in Tesco now buying the saturday papers, but gave them up a month back or ore when it occurred to me that they've been through far too many 'hands' since production, and you really can't disinfect an entire newspaper.
Shame because I liked the quiz pages.

you really can't disinfect an entire newspaper.
yes you can. Low oven, then turn it off and let it cool to 50-80 deg C. Chuck the paper in. Turn the oven on and off to avoid burning but maintain 50+ deg C. Pain starts at 60-65, a wet finger sizzles at 100. Give it 10 minutes. No virus survival.

I went to Wholefoods in Kensington High Street yesterday. There was a long queue outside. A woman from the store waked down it giving out free facemasks. There were, of course, some mongs without facemasks who didn't bother taking one.

Stores should be forced to give out facemasks to people who want to shop in them.

Some members of the public really do not give a f^^^ though, like the youths in London who stabbed a policeman who asked them why they weren't keeping a social distance.

A friend told me Wholefoods were selling camembert with truffles. I couldn't find any and bought half a small Spanish cheese with truffles instead. It was a waste of money.

Jack

North Queensferry (Fife} Village Gala people delivered 3 bags of goodies, then ran down the steps out of the way and waved, which I acknowledged. I have twigged the ASDA slot system and am getting weekly deliveries. Hell against my habits I will out of duty repay the Gala Committee!

yes you can. Low oven, then turn it off and let it cool to 50-80 deg C. Chuck the paper in. Turn the oven on and off to avoid burning but maintain 50+ deg C. Pain starts at 60-65, a wet finger sizzles at 100. Give it 10 minutes. No virus survival.
Good grief...baked paper...Maybe I'll pop in some herbs to perfume the sitting room at the same time :)

Anyone else encountered Tesco's change of policy regarding the bagging of groceries for home deliveries? They have abandoned carrier bags, and are instead putting them in 'Tray Liners', which are large plastic bags, without handles, where, it seems, goods are thrown in higgledy piggledy, and are getting bashed, broken etc.

When I complained to Tesco, I was told initially that it was the local store that had decided to stop using carrier bags, but now I am told it's a Tesco-wide policy, so wondered if anyone here has had problems with this change?

(My personal circumstances re. COVID-19 means that our household is reliant upon home deliveries, and if at all possible, non-contact deliveries (and certainly not ones where delivery drivers come into the home), but in a 'beggars can't be choosers' COVID-19 world, and much though I am tempted to do so, I am reluctant to tell Tesco where they can shove their grocery deliveries (despite an email from them in response to my escalated complaint that is basically a slightly politer version of 'this is what we are doing, tough shit!').

Not ideal, as I understand you either choose the new chuck it in a plastic sack no handles or unpack the plastic trays on the doorstep and cart the stuff in, we were doing that at one point, transferring to our own bags for life on doorstep and carrying through to kitchen. Fortunately I can help Mrs AA theses days with the heavier stuff. Got to say initially it peed me off but at least we get deliveries and I do not want to go anywhere near the local shops. So long as they don’t pack too much in and are sensible what goes into the same bag it should work OK, so far 3 deliveries and no broken/damaged stuff. We are Aberdeenshire.

A few weeks ago an Ocado delivery guy told us that when the robots pack the shopping, all is well. Problems only occur when silly humans are asked to do it.

advertisement

Back