advertisement

Black Friday shopping list - what will you be buying if the price is right?

I am thinking of replacing my server with a NAS. Probably a 4 bay QNAP TS-451A or TS-453B depending on if/what the deals are.

The reduced power bills will pay for all this over 20 years and therefore I am saving money rather than buying another computer I don't really need. Also even if I go nuts with the spec it's still less money than my colleagues iPhone X.

I've bought lots of stuff in addition to the digital calipers and other stuff I mentioned earlier, although not everything was on special offer, or brand new, for that matter: ZTE Axon 7 Mini (used), Sonos Play:1 (used), Sonos stand, tyre inflator, cat house and play stuff, Nato watch strap (James Bond style), and Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Incidentally, I just had e-chat with an Amazon Customer Representative about being refunded the difference of something that dropped in price after I bought it at a higher price, and when I asked whether I could renew my Prime Membership for £59 instead of £79 seeing as Amazon France is offering Prime Membership for €59, I was informed I couldn't get it at that price just now, but that Amazon UK would be offering Prime Membership for £59 ahead of the Christmas Deals. Jayakumar didn't say when this would be, it might even be at the tail end of this week as Black Friday is a de facto pre-Christmas sales period, but I think it's safe to say it'll be being offered before Christmas for £59.

Crucial link here. I wasn’t actually aware SSDs had got that big. It is rather tempting!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Amazon usually have it for about £475 so not a great saving... but I doubt if you will find 2TB SSDs this low again until next year's sale. Basically SSDs don't seem to have come down much in price over the last couple of years. However, perhaps things are changing, in previous years Amazon would have done this as a lightning deal on Black Friday itself whereas this year it seems more like a general sale where the price is offered over a longer period. This would indicate that perhaps SSD prices might, on the whole, be on a downward trajectory.

I’m looking out for an Irish passport. Or French, Belgian, Dutch etc. - I’m not fussy. Failing that some paperwork proving my antecedents came from one of the above countries would be nice, if entirely bogus. No luck, not even on the Charles Tyrwhitt site - and they’ve always got a sale on.

Nespresso Lattissima Touch Auto on Amazon for £119 (£279.99) plus £75 worth of coffee vouchers makes a rather decent deal if you're a Nespresso fan!

Err. Nope. Personally I'm a coffee fan. Hand grind. Slow pour with a 3mm spout into a Clever dripper kinda guy.

Nespresso is a good thing if you don't have the time or care about what remains though.

Grounds feed the Roses. Absolutely thrive on coffee grounds they do. (picked that one up on a trip to Central America)

Here is something for the dark nights - Battlestar Galactica Complete on Blu Ray - £23.00

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
DPYkhe9_XUAAfv_Fm.jpg

Err. Nope. Personally I'm a coffee fan. Hand grind. Slow pour with a 3mm spout into a Clever dripper kinda guy.

Somewhat off-topic but a Clever Dripper is an immersion brewer and you shouldn't be slow pouring. Just get all the water in quickly and cover as heat loss is by far the biggest problem in a Clever.

advertisement

Back