advertisement

Black Friday shopping list - what will you be buying if the price is right?

DPY4in_QU8_AAusf_A.jpg

https://www.moretvicar.com/collections/t-shirts/

A lot of bollox being done. Maplin showing a nice backup drive, in stock for store collection, even showing quantity at store - click the buy now button and " sorry insufficient stock for your cart". Another online supplier had an eye catchingly low price on google shopping- click to their site, item doesn't exist. These are two dead end click bait specials.

i was in wickes today and zero mentioned about black Friday , you would not even know it was on , Homebase did not mention on their site either

why would anyone buy something that cost £100 in september, was bunged up to £200 through october, and is now 'on sale' for £150 for black friday? LOOK 25percent off. goodness.

Quote button is not obvious... Am I being dim?

Mathew R said - Quote - Just get all the water in quickly and cover as heat loss is by far the biggest problem in a Clever.

After quite a bit of experimentation I'd have to disagree to with you.

I'm no exspurt but the timing of the transfer is quite crucial.

I have my way. You have yours. It's not an exact science. It's a damn fine cup of coffee though.

Guatamalan usually.

when Trickers come out to play on Black Friday, it is worth it.

These on the way:
7346_1_bourton.r_qtrc1_original_63624_1.jpg

and these

2017-09-08_00.52.53.jpg

After quite a bit of experimentation I'd have to disagree to with you.

I'm no exspurt but the timing of the transfer is quite crucial.

I have my way. You have yours. It's not an exact science. It's a damn fine cup of coffee though.

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference and I agree if it tastes good then by definition it's working. But Clever is an immersion brewer and, just like a french press, the variables affecting extraction are water temperature, agitation (optional), grind size and contact time. By adding the water slowly all you are doing is slowing down the extraction and you will get the same result if you add the water all at once and reduce the time before you start the draw down. This would at least be an easier way of making coffee, more consistent by removing a variable (the pour) and possibly better by reducing heat loss by getting the lid on quicker.

I am not trying to be a jerk here -- and if it comes across like that I apologise unreservedly -- but rather to help. I have removed from my life in recent years all the things that do not bring me joy and coffee is one of the few things left and I care passionately about it.

PS The quote feature:

1. The Reply button will quote the message you want to reply to. So if you are replying to a single message just use that and it will do exactly what you expect.
2. The Quote button is (mostly) for quoting multiple messages. To use that you press that on the messages you want to quote and then press the "Insert quotes..." below the reply box to insert those quotes into the reply.

when Trickers come out to play on Black Friday, it is worth it.

These on the way:
7346_1_bourton.r_qtrc1_original_63624_1.jpg

and these

2017-09-08_00.52.53.jpg

Thanks for that. I wouldn't have thought Trickers would have had anything to do with this and I know a few people who might well take advantage.

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference and I agree if it tastes good then by definition it's working. But Clever is an immersion brewer and, just like a french press, the variables affecting extraction are water temperature, agitation (optional), grind size and contact time. By adding the water slowly all you are doing is slowing down the extraction and you will get the same result if you add the water all at once and reduce the time before you start the draw down. This would at least be an easier way of making coffee, more consistent by removing a variable (the pour) and possibly better by reducing heat loss by getting the lid on quicker.

I am not trying to be a jerk here -- and if it comes across like that I apologise unreservedly -- but rather to help. I have removed from my life in recent years all the things that do not bring me joy and coffee is one of the few things left and I care passionately about it.

PS The quote feature:

1. The Reply button will quote the message you want to reply to. So if you are replying to a single message just use that and it will do exactly what you expect.
2. The Quote button is (mostly) for quoting multiple messages. To use that you press that on the messages you want to quote and then press the "Insert quotes..." below the reply box to insert those quotes into the reply.

Don't have much here, just playing with multi-quote. Had not seen that 'insert quotes' button. It appears below the reply template at the bottom of the page, and allows you to review/delete quotes before adding them to the message.

It's not just you, all coffee snobs come across as jerks.

I know what you mean. My feelings have been badly hurt more than once by beer snobs. Of course Coors Lite is watery. It's not a bug, it's a feature!

I waited all month for a Black Friday deal on a NAS and the ones I was interested in (QNAP 453A, 453B) are reduced by £7 and £9.50 respectively.

I waited all month for a Black Friday deal on a NAS and the ones I was interested in (QNAP 453A, 453B) are reduced by £7 and £9.50 respectively.
yes, I'd been waiting to see if anyone had a deal for a Synology NAS, but nothing. Although the Tricker shoes was something I was waiting for (I really didn't think they'd do black Friday) , as were a couple of things I'd had my eye on from the London Transport Museum gift shop.

I also reinstated a Squeezebox Radio instead of being sucked in and buying an Amazon Echo for playing streamed music - I don't need to speak to my speaker to listen to music when pressing a few buttons does the trick - saved a few quid.

I know what you mean. My feelings have been badly hurt more than once by beer snobs. Of course Coors Lite is watery. It's not a bug, it's a feature!

The thing with beer is the more you drink the less you remember the nasty words, more coffee just makes you edgy and twitchy.

advertisement

Back