advertisement

Black Friday shopping list - what will you be buying if the price is right?

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
Although I don't expect to buy everything on my Black Friday shopping list, whether for financial or havering reasons - my list comprises:

- either a Sonos Play:1 or Bluesound Pulse Flex for my newly improved and decorated kitchen
- a new android phone that's got a great reputation for music playback
- some flat ethernet cables (Amazon Add-on products)
- a 2 gang 2m extension lead (Amazon Add-on product)
- Asus DSL-AC68U modem router, to replace the average Sky modem router I've been using for the last year
- some power tools: circular saw, multitool, mini sander
- Lucaffe coffee beans :D

What might you be buying?

I would imagine there will be Black Friday deals on the Sonos Play 1, now the new Sonos one is out.
The bluesound stuff is more expensive than the (roughly) equivalent Sonos model, but can use Bluetooth, as well as the potential to give higher sound quality.

Every Black Friday I buy a mountain gorilla. I must have a couple dozen of them by now.

Joe

If I can get a discounted iPhone 7 for my daughter then I will. It’s number one on her Christmas list so I will be buying one either way but I’d appreciate it if I could save a couple of quid... I’m not getting my hopes up though.

I wouldn’t mind picking up a Rega Apheta discounted too but I’m not banking on that either.

That aside, I’m well sorted for all my tech stuff really, I bought a Sony RX100 camera this time last year as well as a Sony 4K TV.

I’d actually been in the market for a decent compact camera last year and had a thread running on the subject. The TV purchase was a replacement for one I’d been paid out for on a cover plan, I got a nice upgrade out of it at no cost to me. I never go looking for things to buy though. If there is something that I’m already in the market for and I can get it cheaper on Black Friday, I will do. The camera was a significant saving!

I will be in the market for a very embigulated external hard drive--about 8 terabytes or so. Won't need it that big unless I get into video editing, but I might do that.

Should be picking this up today, it's been delayed for months now...

0824302383513_530x.jpg

...from Assai in Dundee https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...shopify.com/&usg=AOvVaw1dhRF-Xd0vzMbztr15I7d-

It's no longer a one-day event Nic, it's a season like Christmas and starts today with the actual Black Friday being next Friday

I have one of these, don't dick about waiting for black friday, just buy one.

That's encouraging. Now that I've got a NAS setup, the Sky router is holding me back from doing some of the things I'd like to do regarding external access and by all accounts, the Asus modem router is more than up to the job :)

advertisement

Back